When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, & you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, is an extension of our customers’ supply chain management team. We understand the minor and major implications that affect the bioproduction space. Without compromising quality, we help customers’ mitigate risk, increase productivity, and reduce costs.
The Supply Chain Services Specialist is a key member of the Commercial Operations team & will be responsible for managing all activities around the sales support, customer proposals, and implementation of cGMP Supply Chain Services. They will be the interface between the commercial, quality and operational functions, and the customer’s materials management, warehousing, & quality resources. As such, they will serve as the central point of contact for collaboration with the customer and all required functional areas within the business in order to generate an accurate and timely proposal and ensure the successful implementation and on-going delivery of the services. They will be responsible for customer metrics and customer business review preparation as well as coordinating with warehouse operations and quality to resolve customer feedback or business process issues. The specialist will work closely with the Services Product Manager to support the development and implementation of new services, improve existing processes, conduct sales training, and ensure consistency of best practices across facilities.
- Services Proposal Generation: Evaluate customer requirements and generate services proposals using established workflow and pricing rules and processes:
- Support the commercial teams in completing the Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC) cGMP Supply Chain Services opportunities and product briefs, including required customer interaction and sales support.
- Coordinate with internal departments to evaluate customer requirements and internal capabilities; generate and administer services proposals according to established business processes; assist in negotiation and changes needed with proposals
- Coordinate with commercial team and Services Product Manager to evaluate and report on Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC) service opportunity pipeline and forecast.
- Support the development of improved opportunity management and other SFDC workflows to support the commercialization of cGMP Supply Chain Services; work with Services Product Manager to develop and lead the training of commercial teams on these processes
- Coordinate with the Services Product Manager to support the development and commercial launch of new services
- Services Implementation: Lead the process for implementation of an accepted customer services proposal
- Establish the required project team; including applicable customer contacts, project plan to support the required services model, and Customer specific requirements
- Collaborate with customer as needed to provide required guidance and assistance in development and implementation of new integrated cGMP quality and operational processes
- Develop and administer required Warehouse Service Agreements (WSAs)
- Develop required process flows, forms, and quality work instructions needed to support the services implementation with the customer
- Coordinate with commercial, operations and supply chain teams to ensure required system setup of items, special instructions, and pricing.
- Support customer business reviews of services including required metrics and reporting
- Coordinate resolution of customer feedback and business process issues related to delivery of cGMP Supply Chain Services.
- High School Diploma
- 5+ years relevant business experience: operations, customer implementation, supply chain, sales, marketing, product management, quality, and/or customer service
- 3-5 years of industry quality or operational experience with cGMP/GDP quality standards and regulations; Biopharm experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in continuous improvement methodology and related analytical tools, e.g. PPI, Six Sigma, Lean, flow charting, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to appropriately represent Company to internal and external clients.
- Have a “Customer Service” approach to relationships with internal and external associates
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent experience in appropriate specialty
- Strong written and oral communication skills with effective strategies for interacting with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to travel to the distribution sites and customer sites as necessary
- Strong analytical, statistical, and process design skills.
- Proficient computer skills (including email, Microsoft Office, and spreadsheet analysis)
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.