Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manufacture, and supports\\\\ the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- FEI’s corporate organizationhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
- Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- How to make a microscopehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W6J_f4yVVg
- the installation of a Thalos atb the University of Chicago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rTgRq7iD0
We have multiple manufacturing locations. In our Manufacturing team in Eindhoven work approx 100 employees. The teams directly report to the Group leader/Supervisor Manufacturing within our operations department. The mission for the manufacturing team is to deliver systems on time with the defined product quality to different Customers. This is done by following the applicable work instructions and procedures and defined escalation processes. This work is done in our high end cleanrooms. We work on continually improving our performance by actively seeking feedback from our internal and external customers and by open en direct feedback to our suppliers.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Leading a team of 10-15 Assembly Engineers Manufacturing
- Integration of modules and testing of complete all type TEM microscopes
- Delivery on time of modules or microscopes with the right quality
- Working on improvements of products and related processes
- Independent tracing and analyses to solve problem
- Organizing team activities, increasing work productivity, capacity planning
- Ensuring quality of products according to effective technical documents
- Administration of specified records and reports
- Responsibility of employees substitutability
- Subordinates training and education
- Responsibility for work coordination on finalization of the product
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor degree in engineering or business by education or experience
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience as groupsleader
- Able to do analyses and interpretations of physics, optics, mechanics, software, technical data and deviations
- Experience with assembly, final setting and testing
- Experience with work on vacuum modules
- Experience in optimizing and improving production processes
- Experience in shopfloor management by lean principles
- Be proactive
- Begin with end in mind
- Put 1st things 1st
- Seek to understand, then be understood
- Think “win-win”
- Sharpen the saw for yourself and your team
- Feel responsible for team performance
- Have the guts to take decisions and get things done
- Don’t wait, just step up
- If you hit a bad run, you’ll come up with a plan
- Create transparency and visibility in your team and part of production process
- Create and develop your team along your own standards and mentality
- Keep up the pace, but don’t push over the edge
- You lead and manage in 1ste place a group of professionals within a high-tech production process. You are not a working supervisor, you are in the lead!
we offer a direct contract at Thermo Fisher Scientific, with a good market conform salary and great secondary benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally-protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join