When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Sr. Site Specialist
This position is primarily focused on the customer service and inventory management aspects of Managed Services.
Activities will include the material handling aspects of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Managed Services core offerings such as: product receiving, stocking, product disbursement, inventory delivery, chemical handling, glass washing, and other basic inventory management activities. This position will utilize the functionality of systems and applications such as: RIMS, PacTrac, SciQuest, and the Microsoft Office suite of programs. The tools that will be employed would include various scanners and desktop computers. Customer interface communication skills are required. It is also expected that this position will have a basic understanding of the performance metrics applicable to site specific activities.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisors (and Team Lead) regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Fisher reports to ensure customer and Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems or performs the functions stated below:
- Operates various Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ handheld devices that include:
- Requisition & Inventory Management System (RIMS) barcode scanner(s).
- PacTrac Package tracking device
- SciQuest Chemical Scanners
- Access & utilize Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Intranet and SharePoint document management system.
- Makes on-site program replenishments and disbursements. Performs stockroom duties to include: receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Removes cardboard and trash as needed (Detrashing).
- Delivers direct shipment orders to end users/ performs deliveries as required.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at a customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc)
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets, safety gloves, and safety glasses.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join