When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr Global Market Development Manager for the Synthetic Biology / Gene Synthesis business will drive the development and execution of marketing programs using a multi-channel go-to-market strategy for part of the product portfolio and will contribute to the overall growth of the business globally.
What will you do?
- Develop strategic marketing plans for Sample Prep products including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
- Recommend and execute the implementation of new approaches to the current plan and strategy.
- Develop and execute tactical marketing plans for new and/or existing products within the portfolio.
- Create and implement appropriate marketing content across multiple channels, including social media, web, video and print.
- Develop sales force training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D and commercial teams.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- Work closely with regional marketing development managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions.
- Responsible for campaign development including email, web, display ad, social media, and event marketing.
- Operates as a thought leader who can speak to trends and behaviors in marketing, know where to optimize current channels and identify new opportunities.
- Interacts with varying levels of internal and external personnel and will require direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- Communicates and leads internal and external discussions with Sr. Leaders.
- Responsible for managing and delivering against budget requirements.
- Assignments and client partners may change with business needs.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- MBA or PhD highly preferred.
- At least 5 years in a similar role including solid experience developing marketing strategy and successfully implementing marketing plans.
- Strong business acumen, marketing experience, and customer focus are essential.
- Demonstrates strong strategic and tactical thinking; must be creative and have the “big picture” viewpoint.
- Works well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Has to be able to work cross-functionally and with a variety of business needs and expectations; familiar with matrix organizations.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and has the ability to communicate internally and externally with different businesses and management levels.
- Knowledge of the following key competencies: 4Ps and marketing mix, marketing communication, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join