US - Kansas – Lenexa
How will you make an impact?
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Microbiology Division in Lenexa, KS where you will get to work on products that make a difference in a manufacturing setting. Our Operators are responsible for helping with the manufacturing process of agars loading product, checking volumes, quality and much more!
What will you do?
- Arrive to work on time and work during scheduled hours, working additional overtime as needed.
- Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures (SOP’s, DHR’s, etc.) to the Area Supervisor.
- Maintain good personal hygiene. Wear designated uniform maintained in good condition.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment as required. Refer to job specific job Safety Analysis.
- Perform all work activities in a safe manner. Maintain a safe and clutter free work area. Clean up all spills immediately.
- Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
- Report property damage and /or safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management immediately.
- Document accurately and check personal work for quality and compliance.
- Efficiently and safely operate assigned machinery. Perform simple maintenance and report malfunctioning equipment immediately to Supervisor or Lead.
- Demonstrate job functions to coworkers as needed.
- Continuously monitor product for defects.
- Assist with inventory process as requested.
- Work cooperatively and efficiently with coworkers in all departments with little supervision to achieve team, department and company goals.
- Efficiently and safely operate assigned machinery. Perform simple maintenance and make necessary adjustments.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area. This includes all assigned equipment.
- Accurately dispense required additives to media and properly perform technique of getting pH balance as needed.
- Package products as required.
- Complete production assignments in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental schedules.
- Obtain correct materials for operation needs from warehouse or staging area.
- Read, understand and complete required documentation. All paperwork shall be accurately and neatly completed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for insuring the safe and proper performance of procedures associated with the production line you are working on.
- Organize production flow, making sure that materials are available, estimating progress of line, and scheduling breaks while corresponding to production time schedule.
- Do document review and production checks on your work.
- Maintain a disciplined environment and enforce departmental and company policies.
- Investigate and remedy, when possible, production failures.
- Set up and adjust machine to run a variety of sizes and types using tools to adjust machine.
- Help to maintain quality assurance on your position at all times.
- Sign off on DHR’s in proper places and fill in pertinent information in accordance to SOP’s.
- Comply with all company personnel policies.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises.
How will you get here?
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, using the English language.
- Ability to comprehend and follow both written and/or verbal English communications.
- Ability to perform basic math
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and push/pull up to 600 lb wheeled kettles.
- Stand for sustained periods of time, approximately 10 hours a day.
- Ability to see and distinguish colors
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join