When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Doe & Ingalls, a Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, is an extension of our customers’ supply chain management team. We understand the minor and major implications that affect the production chemical space. Without compromising quality, we help customers’ mitigate risk, increase productivity, and reduce costs.
The Portfolio Services Manager is responsible for developing and managing the Life Sciences portfolio services platform within Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Production cGMP Supply Chain Services.. This individual develops and executes a cGMP Supply Chain strategy in alignment with the corporate and business unit’s commercial strategy and is responsible for managing existing services within the portfolio but must also drive the execution and implementation of new cGMP Supply Chain logistics services. This position requires the ability to work cross-functionally within departments within Doe & Ingalls as well as outside the business unit within the various commercial and operational business units within Thermo Fisher. To ensure timely and effective proposals and delivery of services, the Portfolio Manager will provide overall direction for the strategic alignment and collaboration between the Doe & Ingalls commercial, quality and operational functions, and the customer’s materials management, warehousing, & quality resources.
- Proactively gather industry, competitor, supplier and product intelligence related to the Life Sciences production market and develop strategies to implement “game changing” services that differentiate us from the competition.
- Identify service and supply chain logistics gaps; develop strategies that address our service level gaps. Manage the service development project plan to ensure it is total impact can be measurable.
- Negotiate service, quality, and confidentiality contracts and secure the most advantageous position for the company regarding pricing and commercial support while also allowing Doe & Ingalls to meet customers’ supply and quality commitments.
- Ability to collaborate and align with Thermo Fisher’s total production strategy as pertains to related business units within Thermo Fisher that support production.
- Development strategic initiatives centered on our service portfolio platform and the value that creates for our total production business.
- Develop and execute a services platform business plan that includes all commercial and operational aspects. This position plays the lead role in our services platform strategy.
- Conduct regular business reviews and provide conflict management as needed.
- Conduct and/or coordinate services and supply chain logistics training as needed. Support the sales process through the development of collateral literature and tools. Incorporate related communication plans in conjunction and alignment with the Communications plan.
- Travel to customer sites, industry events as needed to gather intelligence, build customer relationships and support the growth of the services portfolio.
- Provide support during RFP process by leading communication with current and target suppliers.
- Provide guidance and supplier support to Sales Coordinators regarding product sourcing requests.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in business, operations, or a physical scientific field. An advanced degree in business or a physical science is preferred.
- Potential candidates should have relevant experience in at least two (and preferably more) of the following areas:
- Prior commercial experience including Sales, Sales Management or related Marketing roles
- A technical background in Life Sciences. Knowledge of performance chemistry applications is a plus.
- Exposure to Quality Systems, Operations, PPI, or Supply Chain Logistics
- Multi-tasking experience and flexibility to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives
- Ability to envision and measure value that new services contribute to overall value proposition that production services add to the overall Thermo Fisher value .
- Up to 50% travel.
- Financial acumen and project management experience preferred.
- Expert in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Salesforce CRM or other CRM reporting is desirable.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join