When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Manager, Global Sourcing is responsible for managing and continuously improving an assigned category of spend. The individual will work with a cross-functional team of sourcing, operations, technical, finance and other stakeholders to prioritize sourcing initiatives, develop sourcing strategies, conduct RFx events, negotiate contracts, support spend migration from incumbent to preferred suppliers, and manage preferred supplier relationships.
- Leads global category management for assigned category to deliver key category performance indicators, including: Savings, supplier rationalization, low-cost region sourcing, risk management, spend under agreement, joint innovation, supplier performance, etc.
- Establishes category plans and priorities globally and ensures alignment with regional, divisional, and group category priorities.
- Develops and drives 3-5 year global sourcing strategies focused on identifying and contracting with preferred suppliers that meet key business needs and the aforementioned category management goals.
- Engages and supports division/site procurement teams and other key stakeholders to qualify preferred suppliers and migrate spend from incumbent, non-preferred suppliers.
- Conducts supplier business reviews with preferred suppliers to ensure both parties meet obligations under the terms of agreement, including performance standards and continuous improvement goals.
- Interfaces with category leaders in regions, divisions, and groups as well as cross-functional stakeholders (quality, technical, operations, finance, etc) to ensure all category sourcing activities are aligned to a common set of goals and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical field.
- Minimum of 5 years procurement/sourcing experience in mid to large multinational companies.
- Minimum 3 years working on the assigned category of spend.
- Business acumen – knows how to assess market/business requirements dynamics and negotiate agreements that yield meaningful business value.
- Experience working in highly regulated industries.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment with a track record of achieving significant year over year results.
- Demonstrated consultative/collaborative style in performing sourcing activities.
- Influences without authority to motivate and manage a cross-functional team in multiple geographies.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- CPSM or equivalent
- Hands-on manufacturing and/or supply chain experience
- Experience in life sciences, medical device, or pharmaceutical industries
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.