As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 17 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This role is a commercial position chartered to implement sales operation in line with defined strategies in order to achieve sales targets and market share objectives for Bulk Elemental Analysis (X-ray / Optical Emission Spectrometer & X-ray Diffractometer) and Vibrational (VIB) product lines through both direct sales / channel partners. This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager - MEA and provides direct sales and commercial/technical sales support for channel partners networks (agent and distributor) to ensure that order and sales volumes are achieved. The job entails sales order processing and support to field marketing programs, such as seminars, webinars and marketing campaigns coordinated to stimulate existing markets and develop new market sectors. An ability to monitor, analyze and forecast future business performance in the region on a routine basis is essential.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Develops business and manage all direct sales activities (technical & commercial discussions, negotiations and contract review) for the assigned Bulk Elemental Analysis, and VIB product lines in GCC region.
- Provides technical and commercial support to channel partners in GCC for BEA and VIB product lines.
- Achieves sales targets for region in line with key selling objectives in the area.
- Supports the implementation of the regional commercial and marketing plan, including tactics to accomplish growth targets
- Works closely with Regional Sales Manager (RSM) and Product Line Leadership teams to execute tactics to achieve business objectives
- Provides input to RSM, Marketing Manager and Marketing Communications to conceive, define and implement promotional tools and sales tactics to drive growth, including pricing strategies, marketing campaigns and distributor agreements in GCC.
- Supports RSM to develop a detailed understanding of local customer requirements for the product lines and provides input into future product specifications and product positioning.
- Provides feedback, information, market intelligence and recommendations to improve market penetration and orders growth for the PL
- Manages weekly forecasting routines in GCC providing accurate information to RSM.
- Populates and updates SalesForce CRM with projects, forecast and strategic data of GCC customers.
- Ensures that Thermo Fisher Scientific customers are receiving the best post-sales support by closely following up after sales service and customer satisfaction.
- Works with RSM and in partnership with marketing and product management to ensure the VOC (voice-of-the-customer) is captured effectively on the front-end of all new product programs. Additionally, provides input on both marketing and technical resources needed to ensure the highest quality training for our sales representatives.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or relevant experience
Experience and Qualification:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical sales to industrial markets (steel, cement, chemical), materials science, academia and/or pharmaceutical markets
- Analytical instrumentation knowledge: XRF, XRD, OES, FT-IR, Raman, NIR spectroscopy.
- Experience in management of distribution partners in Middle East.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Arabic and English)
- Track record in achieving or exceeding business objectives on a consistent basis
- Customer oriented attitude and good team player
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative, and good business judgment
Travel / location requirement:
- Willingness to travel frequently within Middle East countries and headquarters upwards of 70% of time
- Desired location will be Dubai
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join