Thermo Fisher Scientific currently has a vacancy for a Field Applications Specialist based in South East Asia (SEA) to work within the HID (Human IDentification – Forensics & Paternity) business to provide technical support and training to a growing number of customers in South East Asia (SEA). This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organization, at what is an exciting time in the growth of Thermo Fisher Scientific
Field Application Scientist, HID (Forensics) SEA
Can be either based in Singapore / Thailand
Please submit applications in English
Language requirements: English, one or multiple local languages
- Perform Post-Sales in-house and on-site Support activities such as telephone and email support, customer training, troubleshooting and escalation processes, thereby contributing substantially to customer satisfaction and loyalty. Support sales in the achievement of the business plan by provision, in a timely and professional manner, of pre-sales support activities such as demonstrations and seminars. Establish contacts to key opinion leaders in the field and develop local references. Plays major role when introducing and supporting new products, forensic workflow and applications.
- Perform Post-Sales in-house and on-site Support activities such as telephone and email support, customer training, troubleshooting and escalation process. Proactive follow-up support to Key Customers. Preparation and delivery of customer training. Preparation & Delivery of User Meetings. Active participation in scientific congresses.
- Responsible for closing open customer inquiries and complaints, and liaise with APJ and global HID FAS experts for resolution of customer problems. Also provide feedback on technical issues and their respective solutions to APJ and global HID FAS expert team.
- Provides pre-sales support to Sales especially for strategic customers by dual customer visits, demonstrations, seminars/lectures/workshops, and data analysis promoting Company product value and benefits in the context of application and workflow.
- Establish contacts to key opinion leaders in the field and develop local references. Plays major role when introducing and supporting new products, forensic workflow and applications.
- Provide feedback to local and European Sales & Marketing on competitive activities and technologies, market conditions, customer needs, and product opportunities. Become strong internal Voice of Customer.
- Acquire and maintain practical and scientific knowledge for support of customers, Sales and Service on the leading edge of technology.
Required Job Qualification
- Master or comparable education in appropriate science subject with relevant experience. High degree of technical competence & confidence and ability to interface with the scientific community to the highest levels.
- Extensive hands-on technical experience (5 years minimum) in a forensics lab environment such as data analysis and/or research & development.
- Previous experience in a support or training-related position is preferred.
- Previous hands-on experience with Applied Biosystems / Life Technologies HID technology is preferred.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 50% frequency.
- Fluent English language skills – oral and written. Additional language skills welcome but not mandatory.
- Work may sometimes be performed on evenings and weekends (e.g. due to scientific congresses).
- Work partially has to be performed in the field and the environment varies from driving conditions to visits on customer sites, in laboratories working with low hazard chemicals, automated instrumentation and computer equipment.
- Computer and internet literate.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join