Role: Chemical Sales Specialist
Division: Laboratory Chemicals Division
Location: South UK or Ireland (Territory will cover South UK and Ireland)
The Laboratory Chemicals Division(LCD) business provides a full range of analytical reagents and discovery chemicals to Thermo Fisher’s core research markets worldwide. LCD has been identified as a strategic growth area for the company with expansion opportunities in the US, Europe and developing markets, especially Asia. LCD has five operational facilities in the US and Europe and sells a significant portion of its products through our channel partners in major markets around the world.
As a Chemical Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for representing the Laboratory Chemicals Brand portfolio to customers and supporting our channel partners. This role reports to the Regional Sales Manager who is located in the UK and involves selling the chemical brands from a general perspective and a project specific approach.
This role is field based, and it is expected that 85% of your time will be spent in direct contact with customers and working closely with channel partners. Due to the size of the territory overnight stays will be expected. Sales support will be provided by the Manager, Marketing, Operations and Customer Service teams.
- Gain a full understanding of the capabilities of the company under the brands Fisher Chemical, Acros Organics, BioReagents, Alfa Aesar and Maybridge, including bulk.
- Act as an ambassador of Thermo Fisher Scientific and fully embrace the company values.
- Build long-term, productive, and mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing customers.
- Develop a territory sales plan, including a Target Account Plan
- Achieve the sales plan for the territory
- Analyze sales on a monthly basis, noting reasons for business deviations, together with corrective actions to be taken.
- Build relationships with all channel partners, particularly field based sales, acting as a specialist support for key accounts.
- Provide reports on a regular basis as requested. Such reports will include customer visit reports, pipeline monitoring, target account progress, etc.
- Effectively plan your customer visits maximizing personal contact.
- Make sales presentations and attend exhibitions and conferences.
- Submit enquiries and actively follow up quotations with the aim of maximizing numbers and conversion rates.
- Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a motivated person, who enjoys working independently and is solution driven. We also hope that you have experience of Chemical sales and a Chemistry related degree.
To succeed in this role you should have:
- Field-based experience of working in a commercial environment within the chemicals market.
- A university degree, preferably in chemistry or equivalent.
- The ability to work well independently, be self-motivated and also work well in a team
- Excellent inter-personal skills and be confident in all types of customer situations
- Tenacity and determination to exceed targets
- Good organizational skills with clear prioritization of short and long-term tasks.
- Accepts accountability and responsibility
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join