Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Requisition ID: 59708BR
Location UK Remote based (London / Home Counties)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
This resource would be responsible for Service and Support for all CDD analysers, covering Southern England. On occasion due to operational requirements the job holder will be expected to provide engineering support at locations outside their designated area.
A key facet of the role is to provide first line service support, to liaise with customers, maintain the equipment to specification, responding to service calls immediately and implementing a solution with a minimum of instrument “down time”. The job holder will install new equipment and provide basic customer service training, carry out planned preventive maintenance schedules under warranty and service contract agreement. The job holder is expected to document all visits, assisting in maintaining a complete service history for each Instrument.
- Build and develop positive customer relationships which are robust, enduring and mutually beneficial.
- Be able to communicate fully with the customer following an initial breakdown call in order to ascertain the nature of the issue.
- To be technically competent across the whole instrument range and make reasonable accurate diagnosis of issues both remotely and while on site.
- Ensure that all work is fully tested to confirm that it is fit for purpose and satisfies the customer needs.
- Conduct a thorough and methodical approach to their work and be able to exercise effective judgment on both the short and longer term impact of part replacement on instrument performance.
- To use their time efficiently, handling scheduled maintenance while retaining good availability to manage urgent work.
- Ensure that the field service reporting process is fully implemented.
- Act as a strong company ambassador passing on strong customer led intelligence to commercial colleagues as appropriate.
- Maintain engineer held stock to appropriate levels.
- Manage return of modules repaired in a timely fashion
- Ensure that all instrumentation is maintained to a good working condition and is within calibration date.
- Communicate and liaise affectively with back-office team to co-ordinate engineering jobs efficiently.
- Communicate effectively with other engineers in order to expand analyser knowledge and associated faults. Also be aware of colleague workloads in order to deliver effective cover at times of peak demand.
- Inspire and motivate all colleagues to exceed customer expectations and generate new business enquiries.
- Work closely with Sales Team to minimize analyser downtime and create sales opportunities as appropriate.
- Provide timely reports on customer contact and lead generation.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as may be required from time to time by the Service Manager
- Ensure compliance at all times with the company’s policies and procedures, especially in relation to environmental health and safety.
- H.N.C., or equivalent or evidence of proficiency in electronics
- Full, clean and current national driving licence
- Valid UK Passport
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join