About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
EMEA Market Development Leader; Protein and Cell Analysis Business (PCA)
This position is a leadership role - to lead a team of Regional Market Development managers (RMDs) that are responsible for protein analysis, cell imaging, flow cytometry and antibodies and immunoassays to achieve financial and marketing objectives.
Regional Market Development - Activities
- The primary objective of the regional marketing organization is to lead the transformation of global business strategy into regionally relevant, inspiring marketing that creates customer value, revenue and growth
- To lead a team of Regional Market Development managers (RMDs) to achieve financial and marketing objectives for the PCA business.
- Overall responsibility to define the regional marketing strategy for the PCA business in EMEA taking into account business goals, customer segments and competitor plays.
- To work closely with the Commercial sales leaders to achieve financial goals
- To deliver EMEA Marketing revenue targets and improve Marketing ROI
- To drive growth at least 2% above market growth
- Regularly interact with senior leadership, negotiate and influence on critical policy-making decisions both within the EMEA leadership team and the Divisional leadership team
- Regulary interact with customers and to ensure VOC defines all marketing activites, know customer segments and their drivers across EMEA’s geographies
Working with Divisions and BU’s
- Work collaboratively with PCA Business Unit Global Market Development (GDMs) managers (or X BU) to give input to ensure global tactical campaigns resonate with customers to achieve EMEA specific objectives and can be deployed in EMEA taking into consideration the landscape of the regional markets
- Supplement global campaigns with EMEA specific campaigns, projects or programmes to fully meet regional needs to successfully take share and make annual revenue operating targets
- Give input to the Division on NPI’s and the pipeline
- Interact with BU Product Management to understand the implications in the region for NPI’s, oversee the EMEA NPI launch process ensuring value proposition, positioning and segmentation are appropriate to achieve revenue targets. Ensure new products are launched in an engaging and collaborative manner, hitting top line targets within the defined timeframe.
- Proactive participation in the annual planning process
- Leads EMEA campaign strategy, channel mix and oversees successful deployment;
- Defines and Reviews appropriate metrics with the RMD team to track success in EMEA
- Responsible for integrating regional marketing dynamics into business strategy using analysis of markets, customer segmentation, competitive environment. Responsible for regional customer feedback (VOC) and sales feedback (VOS) into the business units and division.
Working with Marketing Operations and EMEA functional teams
- Ensure RMD team work with Marketing Project Manager (MPM) and MarCom partners to define and deploy campaign, programs and projects in EMEA considering breadth of sales channels, breadth of marketing communications channels and range of geographies
- Work with Marketing Intel and RMD team to understand macro and micro market influences in EMEA and define specific country solutions
- Work with Marketing Analytics and RMD team to understand ROI and revenue generation for specific marketing activites
Working with Commercial leaders and sales channels
- Ensure all sales channels have appropriate tools and training to achieve their goals
- Ensure all channels are fully trained (How to position, how to sell and how to handle objections)
- Works together with the Commercial training team to organize training of new hires and distribution partners
Revenue & Budget Responsibility:
- Deliver marketing activities to achieve marketing revenues goal and commercial revenue goals
- Set regional pricing, during the annual pricing round and off cycle to adjust and ensure price points are regionally relevant & based on input of the business, sales leaders and the competitive environment. Responsible for NPI pricing
- Responsibility for Marketing OpEx for the PCA team and to ensure the ROI of marketing activities in line with EMEA targets
Skills and Background:
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong marketing background with proven experience in both strategic and tactical marketing (at least 5 years)
- Proven experience to lead and motivate a team of marketing managers
- Ability to prioritize and manage a demanding workload
- Ability to work in a large organization within a matrix
Demonstrates the 4is; Innovation, integrity, intensity and involvement