Job title: Account Manager/Sr Sales Specialist
Reporting to: Sr Manager – CMD Division
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently seeking a CDS Sales Specialist to drive Enterprise CDS (eCDS) business across the APAC region. The role will focus on enterprise projects for our Chromeleon Chromatography Data System. Chromeleon is a premier Chromatography Data System (CDS) which controls over 400 different LC, IC, and GC instruments and accessories from more than 30 manufacturers, with full bi-directional communication, extensive command options, and detailed event tracking. Chromeleon CDS provides instrument control, data analysis, reporting and compliance-readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives commercial sales of eCDS across the APAC Region
- Provides pre-sales technical support to the APAC field sales organization and local third party agencies
- Provides training and coaching to the APAC commercial team to encourage development of the regional eCDS business
- Develops services team domain knowledge of Chromeleon eCDS by offering training, coaching and general technical assistance
- Provides pre-/post-sales training, technical and installation support to Chromeleon enterprise customers as required.
- Works closely with the Chromatography field sales and Regional Sales Support groups to encourage hardware sales in Chromeleon enterprise environments.
- Successfully implements the division’s products to customers’ needs.
- Identifies and interprets customers’ process requirements (both from an instrument perspective and process communication protocols), shaping these requirements to fit the division’s capabilities and communicates these to customers.
- Influences preparation and presents technical assistance, consultation and problem solving to customers as necessary and expedites orders.
- Serves as asset to the division by providing feedback on contact with process customers.
- Functions as a business person, aware of and responsive to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- Is responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them.
- Drafts technical bidding proposal for process instrument applications and coordination of process system integration.
- Serves as a channel of information to the division about customers, markets and competition especially in process instrumentation.
- Receives guidance concerning markets, prices, products, deliveries and competition from the division.
- Utilizes divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Has strategic account management within the scope of the specific tailored systems market.
- Arranges services schedule with customer base.
- Arranges technical support with the customer base.
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent required.
- 7+ years sales experience selling enterprise software and/or capital equipment in the pharma/bio-pharma market preferred
- Extensive experience in chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing process and implementation of process instrumentation and process control.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal and listening skills.
- Accurate forecasting ability.
- Willingness to travel throughout APAC (up to 70%) and globally.
- In-depth understanding of the professional selling process.
- Chromeleon expertise is an asset
- Broad business scope
- Understanding of the sale and implementation of enterprise software solutions
- Experience with Windows network environments
- Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases is preferred.
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication.
- Skill of preparing bidding proposals for process instrument applications.
- Effective time utilization
- Effective troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Effective “listener”
- Customer focused
- Goal oriented.
- High level of integrity/credibility.
- Willingness to accept constructive criticism/suggestions.
- Open to positive change.
- Handles pressure/disappointment professionally.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.