About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Materials & Minerals (M&M)
M&M, an integral part of the Chemical Analysis Division (CAD), consists of four very unique businesses focused on industrial customer solutions:
- Product Inspection supplies in-line inspection and monitoring solutions to ensure safety, quality and production efficiency by detecting physical contaminants, validating net content, verifying product integrity and analyzing constituents.
- Bulk Material Handling manufactures onsite bulk weighing, monitoring and sampling solutions for industrial companies to optimize process control, production monitoring and automation.
- Web and Metals Gauging provides flat sheet manufacturing sites for the metals process (steel, iron ore or scrape metal production) and the web process (plastics, rubber and textiles).
- Process Analytics is for cement production, energy production (coal), and mining industries concerned about the quality of the raw materials they process or consume.
The role of the IoT (Digital Science) Product Manager is to define, execute and own the Materials and Minerals (M&M) Digital Science strategy. They will work with product line directors, product managers, R&D teams and customers to facilitate the “Re-Thinking” of products and services based on all aspects of connected systems – instruments, software, mobile applications, on-premise and Cloud enabled workflow applications.
Reporting to the M&M Global Services Marketing Manager, the IoT Product Manager will take the outcome of this “Re-Thinking” (new integrated processes, process automation, services, features, business models, and applications) and work to develop commercialization and go-to-market strategy. The IoT Product Manager will then work with development teams to facilitate the development and launch of product integrations, applications, and services across development centers to create compelling value for our customers.
- Socializing and evangelizing Digital Science, and Smart, Connected Products across M&M
- Developing a Digital Science roadmap with specific products, services and timelines for M&M
- Working with Business Unit leadership, Marketing/Product Management, Service Leaders and R&D to define their specific Digital Science strategy, evaluate business cases, markets and monetization routes
- Develop and work with regional service leaders to implement service commercialization strategy
- Conduct VOCs to validate concepts and business cases
- Prioritize and facilitating ideation and concept development
- Project manage the development of the digital science platforms for M&M by working with remote development centers and cross functional teams within the BU
- Develop tools and collaterals to promote digital science capabilities and services
- Ability to define and set Vision and Ideation of Digital Products and Services for the M&M Markets
- Experience in Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) product and services development
- Strategy Development and Implementation
- Product Management/Marketing
- Lifecycle management of a product line
- Definition of products using market and VOC information
- Use Case and Product Specification Definition
- Monetizing Connected Products and Services
- Balancing and prioritizing competing project requests
- Experience working within a Phase Gate driven product development process
- Understanding customer needs in industrial, safety & security and environmental markets
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact at a senior executive level
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer relationships and credibility, to gain insight into customers’ requirements
- Ability to travel both domestically as well as internationally
• Minimum of 3 years working in Product Management, Marketing, Business Development, IoT and Digital product and services creation
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Science subject, Master’s Degree preferred, or equivalent industry experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.