When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
We are currently recruiting for field based Technical Sales Specialist (TSS), Imaging Instruments to grow the Imaging portfolio in the states of GA, FL, AL, and MS. The successful candidate will have the ability to prospect for new opportunities, build relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and life science customers and position and sell relevant products across customer applications. The TSS manages the sales cycle from introduction through purchase to deployment - requiring extensive coordination among various company resources through the sales process.
Essential Functions of the successful candidate:
- Drive sales activities to close opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals, profit goals, and market share goals consistently within expense guidelines.
- Demonstrate clear product/technology expertise to confidently serve as the field-based expert in high content imaging products and services.
- Visit all customer levels and functional areas, using solution selling techniques within assigned territory to influence purchasing decisions.
- Demonstrate use of advanced selling skills in the field, such as making good opening statements, connecting with the customer, asking high gain questions, creating the value proposition and closing. Has proven solution and large opportunity selling skills.
- Develop customer proposals including structuring appropriate pricing and contract milestones.
- Prospect for new opportunities to successfully develop leads and sell assigned portfolio of products and services.
- Set-up and coordinate technical product presentations by and / or with internal customers such as Research & Development, Marketing, other Sales Specialists and / or Field Application Scientists either on customer site or locally.
- Communicates effectively, and is the ‘connector’ within the large matrix between customer, field application specialists, commercial sales team, product management, different sales teams, support, service, marketing, executive and other salient groups to develop business.
- Maintain and increase current customer database through company customer relations management software.
- Field travel as necessary (50% or more)
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.
- Provide comprehensive information on all activities to Direct Manager, Sales Representatives and District Managers in supported territories.
- Participate consistently and play an active positive role on regional calls and other operating mechanisms.
- Provides regularly oral and written communication of successes, failures, best practices, etc to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization.
- Contact and return calls to research scientists and manage contacts at all accounts for sales presentations, information through telephone, email or personal visits daily.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience
- Technical skill and experience in imaging / microscopy required
- Experience with High Content Imaging technology is a Plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel and balance workload based on priority of assignments.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- A collaborative, results-oriented individual
- A team player, with a positive attitude
- Travel: 50% - 75%
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join