When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Directing the organization’s Procurement team function
- Purchasing, and inventory strategy of raw materials, selection of Suppliers, create and adjust process to support operations of the business to meet the needs of the customer
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Primary interface to our contract manufacturers and critical OEM suppliers
- Working in a mid-size but growing instrumentation/systems business within Thermo Fisher scientific.
- Main tasks will be to lead the overall strategic and tactical buying to support the goals of the business. This business manufactures process control instrumentation/systems for the biotech industry.
- Must be able to work closely with the CTO/R&D team to create strategic relationships and contracts with key vendors providing components, subsystems, and services.
- Must be a “hands on” manager able to work in a team environment with R&D, Operations, Marketing and Sales in a start-up environment.
- Inventory control and maximizing turns will be critical during the ramp phase of product development cycles; detailed understanding of internal pilot-line to full turn-key manufacturing is essential for success
- Direct the supply chain strategy and function of the business
- Lead the Procurement operations to fully coordinate with Planning and Operations, as well as Customer Care, QA, Marketing, and Finance.
- Manage and direct co-manufacturing, suppliers, relations, forecasts, stocking strategies etc.
- Responsible for procurement of all domestic and imported products
- Active contribution to new product and packaging development – responsible for new products and supply chain & inventory management, supplier qualification, and product fulfillment methodologies
- Lead cost reduction activities and YOY savings activities
- Implementation of lean manufacturing methodologies, procurement and product cost analysis, MRP/ERP and e-commerce systems
- Generate automated inventory reporting in MRP/ERP systems
- Translate a sales forecast into a materials purchasing strategy to maximize operational flexibility without significantly increasing required inventory- Negotiate supply agreements with large OEM suppliers
- Manage a team of buyers, and train new team members.
- Develop shortage reporting process
- Bachelors in business or technical discipline or 8+ years of Procurement leadership experience.
- Minimum 5+ years procurement experience
- Experience with material procurement processes.
- APICS Certification preferred
- Experience in an ISO13485 environment, preferred (Pharma, Med Device, etc.)
- Previous experience with one of the following systems: Cognos/Data Warehouses, JD Edwards/Intuitive, ERP and/or other ERP systems.
- Previous Leadership experience
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join