An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen at Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. for a Life Sciences Inside Sales Representative to join our team based in Gent - Belgium.
This entry-level sales role is designed to promote the development of individuals who have achieved a minimum of BA / BSc in Biology / Life Sciences & demonstrates the desire, aptitude and drive to work in a sales role. It also offers individuals with sales experience or lab experience the opportunity to develop a sales career working for the world leader in serving science.
The primary objective of this role is the direct two-way person-to-person interactions with customers that start and develop relationships which achieve the best possible sales representation for the organisation whilst delivering and exceeding our annual operating targets.
- Ensure the achievement/overachievement of the sale target set by maintaining, identifying and developing sales opportunities through an out-bound sales activity, competing within the stated territory and/or named accounts.
- Ensure that all necessary resources needed are used effectively in order to close sales in favour of the Company
- Build and maintain relationships by telephone and email with customers and potential customers in an assigned territory to allow product and service information to be communicated and strategic information to be gathered. Consolidate these relationships occasionally by field actions
- Ensure a specific management of potential customers out of the database, qualifying their business potential in order to develop business opportunities and growth
- Work together with other field sales to coordinate the approach on the accounts. This includes qualifying leads on high value accounts, supporting tender response coordination, ensuring all in-bound sales enquiry qualification and quote generation, coordinating customer demonstration
- Develop and maintain detailed customer/prospect records and ensure that the relevant mailing list and database reflects this information (e.g. Customer Contacts Database and Marketing Database)
- Degree in Life Science based subject (Preferably MSc/PhD) – This role is suited to a recent graduate
- Command Dutch as native language
- Good English language, both in writing and orally
- Good French language, both in writing and orally
- Good Communication skills, telephone manner & tone, with excellent listening & questioning skills
- Ability to function effectively in a high performance team
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and desire to succeed
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment
- Practical understanding of the sales process & buying cycle
- Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office package
- Ability to travel overseas occasionally to attend meetings and training sessions
- Office based with occasional visits performed in the field
- Previous telesales/sales experience is desirable
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join