When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under minimal direction of the Engineering Manager this position is responsible for installing, removing, and making adjustments for molds and related auxiliary equipment and components from the molding press as well as preparation of setup for appropriate machines as defined. Will support the internal development and training of other setups. Able to perform setups for all machines/equipment in an assigned area and drive continuous improvement. Work closely with engineering when running trials and implementing process improvements. Process includes Injection, Injection Blow and Injection Stretch Blow.
- Observes safety rules for self and others and insures that all safety guards and devices are in place and in good condition.
- Self directed – focus on execution of daily/weekly production schedule and driving improvements
- Support and participate to drive continuous improvement and work toward achieving department goals
- Mentor and train other setups in supporting internal development/big machine operators
- Responsible to install and setup all machines/equipment per the assigned area
- Responsible for proper care of molds and machines, and inspects molds during and after installation.
- Responsible for following the die traveler system.
- Positions assembled molds in press and removes molds and secondary equipment after run.
- Monitors machine cycle times and assure they are at or below standard cycle.
- Responsible for correcting and/or reporting out of standard performance
- Responsible for machine adjustments per approved set-up sheets, following all pertinent quality work instructions (QWI’s). Fills in monitored set-up sheets and writes necessary MCP’s.
- Responsible for checking periodically for maintenance/tool room problems on machines and write work orders as necessary.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when assistance from external department is needed.
- Identifies different resins used and assures that appropriate resin is used for a job.
- Responsible for machine and mold safety.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly department.
- Attend and participate in daily communication meetings as assigned
- Completion of RJG training as required
- Utilize PPI methodology during problem solving activities
- Run engineering trials and assigned engineering tasks
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent/Technical degree preferred
- Must have 5-10 years’ setup experience
- Self directed
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to develop and train others
- Molding equipment experience required
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Computer literate, basic MS office skills
- Completion of train the trainer type program
- Ability to read print drawings and blue prints
- Use of calipers and Magna-Mike
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join