About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The objective of this position is to develop and manage a portfolio of Bulk Material Handling (BMH) products and services that provide value-added growth for the business. This person will develop business cases and own all product management responsibilities for the existing and new products in the portfolio. This person will also interface closely with R&D, Engineering, Sales and Technical/Customer Support. S/he will be responsible for development of product definition, positioning, pricing and product lifecycle management. Responsibilities include developing market research, leading product management function in new product development teams, pricing, and multi-year revenue forecasts and managing the retire of existing products.
Essential functions of this role include analyzing market trends, customer requirements and competitive strategy, and identifying opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation. Product management leads new product development process from concept through commercialization, including voice of customer research, definition of customer and product requirements and value proposition, public presentations, competitive analysis, and forecasting. This person will lead business aspects of both internally developed products, as well as those leveraged from external collaborations (i.e., density gauges.)
- Implement business strategy for defined portfolio.
- Lead product definition teams, defining critical product requirement documents with prioritized features and corresponding business or financial justification with ROI.
- Monetize products through direct and indirect economic business models, segregating differentiated value propositions for customer segments.
- Accurate market analysis, value proposition and forecasting for NPIs and on market products.
- Assess and evaluate competitive landscape, including product offerings.
- Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Manage total product lifecycle, setting organizational cadence for retiring, refreshing or enhancing the existing products.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of target customer segments, markets and the competition.
- Interface with external Knowledge Leaders to maximize the understanding of applications, opportunities and demands for defined products within the BMH space.
- Input into the mechanical design processes, including Manufacturability and Assembly.
- Monitoring and reporting key business metrics and information for the engineering function will be a key requirement of the position and includes;
- Safety incidents and injuries. Reporting mishaps, including near-misses.
- Root-Cause Counter-Measure (RCCM) analysis and reporting for misses and gaps in metrics data.
- Updating and reporting on assigned Strategy Deployment action plans.
- PPI Kaizen project recommendations and status reporting to the steering committee where you are the process champion or projects include engineering input or output
- Customer CAS feedback/responses and RCCM reporting and status.
- Produce other ad-hoc reports and any other additional information related to projects cost estimating that may be required from time to time.
- Engineering Degree
- Strong leader within cross-functional teams developing the right product to fill market needs, and will serve as the customer advocate, interacting with functional partners including R&D, Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing, Market Development, Finance, Customer Service, Quality and Regulatory/Compliance teams.
- Ability to partner closely with the Marcom team to ensure marketing materials, exhibitions, seminars, and any other customer-facing campaigns have the right message and reflect our value proposition. This person must possess a track record of success in driving business innovation, product development, building/leading cross- functional teams and effective executive level communication.
- Demonstrated solid written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on clarity of design intent.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to manage several tasks and achieve deadlines in a timely manner.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with customers, suppliers, peers, and management.
- A passion for driving customer allegiance and continuous improvement.
- Ability to interface with other key internal stakeholders to drive high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals, manage time, tasks and risks, meet deadlines and manage heavy workloads whilst under pressure.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, collaborate across teams and with stakeholders and to establish rapport and credibility at all levels.
- Proven ability to identify and constructively analyze business opportunities and issues. Recognize, obtain and evaluate relevant facts, data and information to provide accurate reports and realistic recommendations, based on clear logical presentation and workable solutions.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in an environment of high complexity and change.
- Strong problem solving and decision making ability.
- Ability to manage change and resolve conflict.
- Attention to detail and superior work accuracy.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and Project
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Lean Leadership Tools and 5S.
- Presentation skills are desirable.
- Familiarity with following procedures:
- Experience in “New Product Introduction Staged Gate Process” practices.
- Demonstrated history of driving customer focused teams, processes, and facilitating improved performance to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Experience in ISO 9001 Quality Management System principles and application to engineering design.
- Sound knowledge of the mining industry and the need for specialized high-value capital equipment and associated documentation requirements.
- Microsoft Windows and Office Software.
- A knowledge of Mechanical design principles.
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing standards.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join