The Sr. Human Resources Manager is responsible for strong execution of HR programs in support of the Life Sciences Mass Spec Business Unit, with a primary focus on the global operations and quality teams. This individual is a trusted strategic advisor to the business leaders in the areas of talent management, organizational development, performance management, career development, employee relations, compensation planning and change leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the business.
- Provide HR support and coaching on HR policies and processes, complex employee issues, people management, career development and personal leadership.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
- Ensure effective talent management including recruitment, assessment and development as the organization grows.
- Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills.
- Conduct compensation analysis working with the Compensation COE in regards to compensation needs or analysis.
- Support COE and large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.)
- Participate in the broader AIG HR team to drive HR projects and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, and Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or bachelor’s degree. MBA or related HR advanced degree desired.
- 8 years of direct experience in various aspects of human resources (business partnering staffing, compensation, employee relations and organizational development). HR certification preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of US labor and employment law and global business partnering experience.
- Experience working across a complex organizational matrix is highly desired.
- Strong process improvement orientation.
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, decision making, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to interface with all levels of the organization including employee relations, coaching, communications and presentations, etc.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues
- Demonstrated Role Model Leader Characteristics:
- Embody Thermo Fisher Scientific 4-I values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join