Thermo Fisher Scientific's Life Sciences Solutions Group in Rochester, NY has an immediate opening for a Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to lead FP&A work within their Laboratory Products Division.
Any or all of the following will be included in the scope of this position depending on the individual selected and the balance of work needed at the discretion of the Sr. Director, LPE Finance.
- Coordinate monthend close activities:
- Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
- Monthly forecasts, risks and opportunities
- Monthly reporting of financial results
- Coordinate the Annual Operating Plan process:
- For organic revenue growth, ensuring alignment between business unit and commercial objectives and targets
- For global selling, marketing and R&D spending, ensuring affordability and prioritization of investment proposals
- Work with Manufacturing operations on cost of goods sold and gross margin plan
- Provide Business Unit guidance to Sites and ensure alignment with site Annual Operating Plans
- Consolidation of overall LPE Strategic Plan
- Development of presentation material as needed, including VP/General Manager staff meetings and quarterly town hall reviews
- Drive effective partnerships with Manufacturing operations
- Maintenance and accuracy of financial information systems
- Additional support for business initiatives and projects as directed by the Sr. Director, Finance.
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting is required; an MBA or CPA is preferred
- An ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials and a strong aptitude in financial analysis
- He/she should have a minimum of 10+ years of progressively responsible business experience, including managing global teams
- Experience in a global manufacturing organization is desired
- Strong knowledge of Excel (i.e., financial models and analysis), Cognos reporting tool (or equivalent), PowerPoint, and Hyperion is preferred
- The successful candidate should expect travel of 10 - 15%
- Experience in the Life Sciences industry is a plus
- The successful candidate is personable, highly ethical and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- He/she has excellent proactive communication capabilities, identifying and addressing issues via candid dialogue
- Track record of developing high levels of credibility and forging solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers and upper management and can operate effectively in a matrix reporting structure
- Experience in commercial elements of a product based business with demonstrated experience partnering with business leaders
- Strong understanding of the interdependencies of the customer fulfilment, inventory, and manufacturing volumes.
- Possess strong leadership and team building skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated with high bias for action and accountability
- High level of energy; can bring a passion to excel. Able to energize and influence a wide spectrum of people, including senior financial and operations professionals.
- Ability to balance priorities and thrive in a complex global business environment
- Drives a culture of accountability
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join