When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Healthcare Market Division (HMD) offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians’ offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division is based in Houston, Texas and manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
This position can be based in Houston, TX or remotely from home.
How will you make an impact?
This role is responsible for driving strategy and EBITA by managing a portfolio of Specialty Diagnostics products and suppliers.
What will you do?
- Deploy strategies to identify new products and suppliers.
- Negotiate commercial terms and conditions.
- Determine pricing / positioning strategies.
- Design & implement marketing programs intended to drive profitable revenue growth.
- Work closely with the sales team to identify and address market and product challenges / opportunities.
- Establish lasting business relationships with key suppliers including the identification of mutual goals, the implementation of performance metrics and the negotiation of favorable business terms and conditions
The incumbent is also responsible for the day-to-day management of the product and supplier portfolio and maintains cross-functional relationships with internal departments including; Finance, Supply Chain, Sales, Purchasing, Product Administration and others.
How will you get here?
- BA/BS with major/minor in sciences/business required
- MBA or graduate degree preferred
- 3-7 years’ experience in strategic sourcing, product management or related field
- 15-20% domestic travel
- Experience with sales, marketing or other commercial functional areas preferred
- Knowledge of both pathology and clinical laboratory products and applications, actual working laboratory experience or understanding of customer requirements in pathology laboratory products preferred
- Confidence and poise to negotiate and manage a relationship with Director and Vice President level supplier partners independently.
- Ability to develop/implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial drivers
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation and problem solving skills
- Multi-tasking experience, flexibility, and understanding of business impact to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
- Exceptional communication skills – ability to communicate across all levels of management internally and externally
- Negotiation skills - ability to influence disparate parties and come to agreement
- Deep financial analysis skills
- Ability to work across disciplines and in a multi-cultural, team based environment and able to influence others in a matrix environment
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join