Position: HR Coordinator
Hours: 1 pm to 5 pm (Part-Time)
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Under the direction of HR leadership, this position is responsible for providing administrative support and project coordination.
- Responsible for managing the front desk, answer the main phone line and assigning badges and badge access for all site employees.
- Collaborates with HR team to implement large scale HR initiatives (i.e. roll out annual programs, new processes, policies, etc.).
- Responsible for data entry and maintaining high quality data integrity to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, payroll audits, and government compliance.
- Provide interview scheduling assistance for local TA recruiter.
- Coordinate with local TA recruiter to work with candidates as necessary to obtain and ensure completion of all required documents throughout the hiring process in a timely manner.
- Assist with local job postings and hiring events.
- Actively participate in local site Engagement Committee.
- Responsible for filing of HR related documents in accordance with records management policy. Continuously update I-9 records for new-hires, current employees and terminated employees.
- Coordinates communication and general administrative activities, e.g., preparation of presentations, meeting and event coordination, office supplies, and new hire orientation.
- Provides administrative support to HR team in the development and implementation of HR solutions, programs, and processes including data gathering, data integration, drafting general correspondences, charts, tables, presentations, etc.
- Promote use of iConnect and HR1 Solution Center to solicit HR process/functional advice.
- Run various HRIS reports, Ethics Training Reports, etc. and respond to adhoc requests for employee data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program.
- 1+ year of HR work experience
- 3+ years of work experience in a fast paced, multi-tasking work environment required.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues.
- Demonstrated personal awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development.
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
- Ability to work with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join