hen you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Provides work direction to and/or performs all duties of a Senior Site Specialist, Site Specialist, or Site Technician to assure customer satisfaction. Monitors work flow to optimize staffing and services for the customer. Focus on a continuous improvement mindset to drive efficiencies within the functional group. Familiarity with working in a laboratory setting including, glassware washers, autoclaves, and depyrogenation ovens. Preferred working knowledge of good documentation
- Daily pickup of utilized glassware from labs, wash, sterilize, and redistribute to satellite storage areas
- Maintain good house keeping
- Interact daily with scientific staff
- Reporting production metrics to management
- Adhere to all customer SOP’s
- Provide glass washing and sterilization services maintaining a constant supply of clean and sterile lab glass
- Maintain glassware processing schedules and flexible to fast paced changing priorities
- Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches contacting the Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead with all pertinent information for replacement
- Maintain glass wash statistics as decided upon by Thermo Fisher Scientific and customer
- Maintain inventory of glassware in locations throughout the facility
- Maintain required supplies for glassware washing and sterilization operations
Additional Lead Responsibilities:
- Reviews site employee practices and coaches to reduce/eliminate potential errors
- Act as main point of contact in ULS Supervisor’s absence, including responding to client requests, cross functional issues, or ULS staff concerns
- Demonstrate solid leadership skills and analytical thinking
- Provide leadership to the group by setting an example for good documentation, correct lab practices, and good time management skills
- Recognize and escalate problems to the ULS Supervisor
- Participate in and lead PPI projects to eliminate waste and increase productivity
- Facilitates and directs team meetings
- Track, calculate, and trend monthly metrics, reporting them to the ULS Glassware Supervisor
- Procurement of specialized glassware for scientific staff
- Assign projects to peers on an as needed basis
- Provides extensive training and guidance to others and acts as a technical expert within the group
- Perform Area Audits of cross-functional areas within ULS
- Participate in ULS leadership team for process improvements and implementation
- Must possess a High School Diploma and preferably an Associate’s degree at minimum.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- 3+ years of progressive relevant experience preferred.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must deliver excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must be proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Demonstrates basic leadership concepts.
- Have demonstrated initiative in previous work experience.
- Expanded tactical thinking that considers the impact on the broader organization.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Must possess a high level of communication skills to provide guidance to others in performing the work, to effectively present information and respond to questions or customer service requests and interact with various levels of the customer’s organization.
- Must be able to provide suggestions for corrective action and preventive customer service.
- Must be organized and detail oriented to be able to prioritize own and other’s work and meet business productivity metrics.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must be able to work hours required to get the job done.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join