Inventory Management Supervisor
Job ID :
US - California - Foster City
- Leads a team of on-site staff. Participates in the candidate selection process, trains, and evaluates staff’s performance. Supervises staff in a manner that is consistent with our organizational culture, which is based on four values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement and on open communication. Actively seeks development opportunities for team members and self. Promotes a friendly environment, good morale and cooperation.
- Ensures customer needs are met and high quality service is delivered through a variety of means, including staff meeting or exceeding service levels and through monitoring of the performance, productivity, attendance records and measuring and reporting on performance metrics. Assists in determining the resolution of all customer situations. Reinforces a customer focused orientation.
- Interacts with management, sales and the customers on matters concerning functional areas within the department, regularly.
- Collaborates with Program Manager and/or Site Manager to quantify all aspects of value creation for the customer through rigorous data collection and reporting. Writes and administers standard operating procedures to support the goals and objectives of the department and the customer. Develops KPI’s, tracks trends, and implements best practices. Report business metrics, target and define new opportunities, act as resource for sales team, act as resource for the customer in the area of service, savings and opportunities.
- Conducts site audits and annual physical inventory.
- Evaluates employees’ training needs, identifies possible solutions and arranges for needed training and development. Ensures that employees are cross trained and develops employees to create a career path and succession plan.
- Supports Practical Process Improvement and focuses on improving processes with the goal of providing stellar customer service. Leads improvement teams and mentors site personnel to lead team improvement efforts.
- Prepares and reviews various operational reports and individual associate performance reports.
- Attends training classes and regional meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Inventory Management:
- Stockroom / POU management, dispensing of product, and direction / coordination of affiliated stockroom activities.
- Perform on-site program replenishments and disbursements.
- Perform stockroom duties to include receiving, put-away, stock rotation, cycle counts, and other functions according to customer requirements.
- Remove cardboard and trash as needed (detrashing).
- Deliver direct shipment orders to end users.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
- Must possess the leadership and supervisory skills be able to lead, coach and motivate a large group of employees along with excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to employees, various levels of the customer business and peers. Must have a customer orientation to develop customer relationships.
- Must possess written and communication skills to clearly express his or her ideas, share technical information, communicate well with customers and all levels of the organization, write procedures and develop plans. Must be able to handle conflict well and give positive and constructive feedback along with managing performance issues.
- Must possess analytical and critical thinking ability to be able to evaluate, interpret information and procedures, to make timely decisions while functioning in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Must possess organizational skills to meet deadlines and assist staff in multi-tasking.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Must be self-motivated, stress and pressure resistant, as well as a quick learner.
- Must be able to learn and perform well, utilizing customer and internal systems.
- Overall understanding of service management, customer satisfaction.
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Excellent computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills.
- Must be flexible with hours.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, or in a related field, or equivalent combination of two year degree and experience.
- Experience in laboratory settings or services.
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join