When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Follows well defined procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Supervisor/Manager regarding daily duties.
- Makes decisions and utilizes available resources to meet customer requirements, independently.
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles various customer and Thermo Fisher reports to ensure customer and Thermo Fisher requirements are met.
- Communicates with supervisor/manager any customer issues or potential problems.
- Promotes personal growth and development by staying abreast of new policies and enhancements without the presence of site trainer and management team.
- Listens to customer concerns, effectively diffuses dissatisfaction, and quickly identifies course of action with a goal of first call resolution within established turnaround times.
- Works effectively with a diverse cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies.
- Utilizes systems as required by job function.
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times throughout customer locations, professionally and positively.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to safety requirements.
Job-Specific Duties may include:
- Routine collaboration / interfacing with Engineers, EH&S and Science staff
- Daily lab walkthroughs – ensuring instruments are working properly and scheduled work has been completed on schedule
- Collaboration with lab contacts – daily updates
- Control Temperature Chamber Management
- Monitoring – address alarms, document temperature excursions, gather feedback for impact assessments
- Routine Laboratory Maintenance Activities
- Locate, prepare and submit pipettes for calibration
- Verification of logbook entries for record keeping and corrective actions
- Order special laboratory supplies; maintain POU programs as required.
- Maintain virtual inventory list of equipment in development labs
- Coordinate with Engineers and External Vendors for Maintenance/Calibration of Equipment and Instruments.
- Submit W/O’s as required
- Updated maintenance and calibration records within client system
- Pipette Job-Specific Duties may include
- Scheduling of asset calibrations and subsequent process management of the site specific calibration team, including Standards related to pipette calibration.
- Maintaining calibration records for GxP and non-GxP assets, including operating within Maximo and Pipette Tracker (or client software as required).
- Coordinate asset pick up and drop off.
- Coordinate and create asset tracking and calibration schedules and on-demand calibration requirements.
- Coordinate asset calibration schedules with pipette owner or user.
- Identify and document assets that are found to be out of the established specifications.
- Cross site record retention and archiving for all assets.
- Entering/removing new and/or inactive assets back into the calibration control program.
- Schedule any on-site calibration activities where mobile/temporary calibration team will be mobilized.
- System owner for level 3 pipettes.
- Perform required Master Control tasks as required.
- Must possess a high school diploma and have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred.
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus.
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently within customer location.
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.).
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join