When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. This position will manage inventory and maintain agreed inventory levels, and record stock into and out of each location to maintain inventory accuracy for all safety products and equipment.
Will also implement our best practice approach and monitor the program through robust metrics and reporting.
• Emergency eye wash and showers o Two hundred forty (240) stations
o Monthly flush, inspection and sign off
o Annual flow test and sign off
• Fire extinguishers and fire blankets o Twelve hundred (1200) fire extinguishers
o One hundred forty (14) fire blankets
o Inspected monthly and sign off
o Annually certified and sign off
• Automated External Defibrillators (AED) o Seventy five (75) AED’s
o Inspected monthly
o Check battery status
o Sign off
• First Aid Kits o Two hundred fifty (250)
o Inspected monthly
§ Inventory count
§ Generate replenishment orders
o Coordinate with Company hazardous waste service provider of Company Facilities for replenishment products and/or repairs
- Must possess a high school diploma and have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Displays a high level of confidentiality for both customer and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Must maintain Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values.
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred.
- Experience in GLP/GMP environment a plus.
- Proven excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promotes team environment.
- Computer/software skills (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must possess a strong desire to serve the customer, and the interpersonal skills to deal with various levels of personnel at the customer site.
- Must possess strong communication skills and customer focus to deliver excellent customer service including maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Must possess the operating skills to use hand held scanners and learn to enter data in various systems as necessary.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to reconcile various reports to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to use a computer and possess intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently within customer location.
- Extensive walking/standing may be required for 75-85% of the day.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc.).
- Must possess motor skills appropriate to the task.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join