When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing service to our customers and clients through the placement and monitoring of orders. Process telephone, mail, email and fax orders; provide pricing, availability, cross-reference, researching & sourcing of products for customers; up-sells best buy/ first choice/and other products as requested; forward potential product leads to sales reps; handle small informal quotes. This position will also respond to post-order customer service requests such as handling customer problems and complaints; returns and communicating anticipated delays. This position requires schedule adherence.
- Complete customer orders, basic or complex in nature, quotes, and inquiries by telephone for existing and prospective customers in the Thermo Fisher Scientific domestic market. Review a variety of screens and documents to estimate delivery of orders to meet customer requirements.
- Process mail, fax, e-mail orders and hard copy quotes. (10 lines or less or up to $5000.00 without supervisory approval).
- Analyze and resolve customer concerns using established procedures. Examine pertinent information to determine validity of customer complaint and to determine responsibility for errors.
- Handle change order information from customers.
- Investigate overdue and damaged shipments or shortages in shipments already received.
- Utilize supplier catalogs, on-line databases, and other appropriate resources to cross reference products to meet customer order requirements. Make suggestions for alternative products when items are not readily available.
- Assist customers with buying decisions: researches product, cross-reference, pricing & availability.
- Suggest alternative products per Best Buy/First Choice Program/and other promotional programs.
- Attend product/vendor/systems meetings to stay up to date on new product lines and current systems.
- Adhere to schedule, including regular and punctual attendance at work
- Meet and exceed productivity and quality standards as set forth by department management.
- Contribute to maintaining company objectives on average speed of answer and first call resolution.
- Perform all other duties/projects as assigned.
- Work in Thermo Fisher purchasing systems and customer purchasing systems.
- Support other functional areas as needed
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- 2+ years customer service experience
- 2+ years of procurement experience
- High School education required; college degree preferred
- Creative problem solving skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent product and process knowledge for a specific market
- Solid understanding of computer basics (Windows, Excel, Word, Email, and Internet)
- Works primarily at customer locations, in office environment to include cubicles and/or in and around shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and laboratory environments.
- May be required to work independently at customer location.
- Extensive walking may be required.
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 30-40 pounds consistently; may be required to lift 50 lbs.
- May be able to use material handling equipment such as push carts and pallet jacks.
- Depending on area of building, personal protective equipment may be worn to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves .
- Some areas require steel toe shoes, bump hats and/or safety glasses.
Must be able to work hours required to get the job done
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join