Role:Commercial Finance Analyst
Division: Research and Safety Division
Band: 6 Professional
Location: UK, France Germany Netherlands
The position is responsible for working with the Commercial and Finance teams to deliver value adding analysis to drive revenue and margin. The position will have the key responsibility to ensure accuracy of standard cost and margin reporting. They will provide financial models to assess new opportunities and work with commercial leaders during the annual price renewal process.
- Supporting the sales force with accurate and commercially focused reporting on sales performance, margins, forecasting and product profitability.
- Assist with the profitability assessment of business proposal to support business proformas and ensure the Approval Matrix is adhered to.
- Diligently manage the accuracy of Standard Costs within IBS. Ensure all changes to costs are analyzed and understood, and updates are performed in a timely manner where necessary.
- Proactively engage with other functions (Portfolio Management, Data, Vendor Supported Pricing) to identify issues and solutions with standard costs. Seek opportunities to increase both accuracy and efficiency.
- Participate in the annual price renewal process, to ensure the business maximizes price performance whilst complying with customer contracts
- Production of customer facing reports to monitor contractual obligations such as savings commitments and incentives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A degree or equivalent qualification/experience in accountancy or a related commercially focused discipline.
- Relevant similar work experience.
- Knowledge and experience of IBS; competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Competent in analyzing large volumes of data to highlight key issues and anomalies.
- Confident communicator at all levels. Able to co-ordinate with other departments to identify root causes and develop solutions.
- Ability to follow departmental procedures relating to financial modeling and analysis. The individual must be able to work as both part of a team, across functions and on their own initiative.
- Strong commercial awareness, able to interrogate data to understand key drivers.
- Embodies the 4-I Values (Acts with integrity. Achieves results through intensity, innovation, and involvement)
- Builds Customer Allegiance (Delights and ensures trust with internal and/or external customers)
- Communicates openly (Communicates honestly and effectively with subordinates, peers, manager, & senior leaders)
- Drives Growth (Shows passion, commitment, a strong results focus, and an understanding of the goal tree)
- Leverages Business Acumen (Makes profitable business decisions, incorporates contingency planning into strategies, and makes data-based decisions)
- Develops People Including Self (Practices self development and champions employee development and growth)
- Embraces PPI (Embraces Continuous Improvement by using PPI to improve processes & solve problems)
- Drives Continuous Learning (Raises the bar on processes and results)
- Builds Organizational Relationships (Promotes collaboration, builds teamwork, and leads by example)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Attention to detail and highly analytical.
- To work effectively with others at all levels to accomplish goals.
- A motivated self-starter, able to remain focused and energetic in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to identify and resolve problems
- Strong in the use of Microsoft Excel, competent with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Someone who contributes ideas, disagrees tactfully, shares success and actively listens
Closing date for application: Friday 26th January
Recruiter Adele Holland, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join