Job Title: Proposal Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Sr Director Marketing North America, RSD
Group/Division: Customer Channels Group (CCG)
Career Band: 6
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: Pittsburgh (preferred)
Number of Direct Reports: n/a
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Exempt
The Proposal Marketing Specialist is responsible for the development & continuous improvement of Strategic Accounts RFP presentation decks. This Specialist will create completed, account-specific decks that present RSD capabilities in a compelling, professional manner so we are best positioned to retain, win and grow strategic business accounts. The Specialist will develop & implement a strategy to update, create and innovate new content that effectively communicates our market-leadership position. The Specialist will also provide marketing support to assist in the creation of on-going Commercial Sales Team newsletters. Close collaboration with the Commercial Sales Support Team, Industry Directors and Industry VPs will be essential to the success of this role.
- Working closely with the RSD Commercial Sales Support team, develop a process for the completion of final RFP decks including accountabilities, timelines, milestones and tracking method to ensure each RFP deliverable can be achieved in a high quality manner.
- Identify the need for new or updated presentation content as RSD and/or Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities evolve.
- Explore and pursue new technologies as they evolve to keep our presentations engaging and innovative.
- Work with the Commercial Sales Support team to develop a newsletter template that effectively communicates diverse content to our associates.
- Based on input from the Commercial Sales Support team, gain an in-depth understanding of the account, their high priority needs and how to position RSD capabilities as the best solutions to meet those needs.
- Develop professional RFP presentations. Position content with a “customer-first” point of view. Demonstrate our insights into the customer, our partnership, and how our capabilities address their business-critical needs.
- Ensure all presentations are concise, engaging, error-free and “brand right”.
- Update our diverse content to align from a branding/graphics perspective so we are speaking with one voice throughout a presentation.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure the final presentation meets business needs including last minute adjustments.
- Partner with Marketing Services as needed to develop/secure new content/imagery.
- Collect and report out on feedback from the presentation team. Identify areas for improvement. Develop and implement action items to address any gaps.
- Support the Commercial Sales team in the development, lay-out, editing and publishing of on-going newsletters to the Commercial Sales team.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in communications, business, or similar discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in corporate communications or similar field
- Strong project management skills
- Expert written and verbal communications
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
- Basic lay-out and design skills; experience working with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to work effectively with senior executives and associates from across the organization
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works well under pressure
- Ability to synthesize and organize diverse input
- Knowledge of the RSD business is strongly preferred
Relocation will not be offered for this position
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join