How will you make an impact?
As a Key Account Executive you will be responsible for selling Drugs of Abuse/Toxicology diagnostic reagents and capital equipment to our highest volume customer accounts, actively converting targeted new accounts to our brand, and achieving annual growth goals. Market segments include Criminal Justice, Reference Laboratory, Hospital and Physician Office Laboratories. In this role, you will take ownership of developing and implementing a comprehensive, strategic and tactical sales plan; including managing contract performance, influencing price strategies, developing forecasts, building relationships with key customers, and collaborating with territory account managers. The individual in this role will need to make recommendations to leadership about future strategies and be self-motivated to propose new ideas; then influence peer stakeholders to collaboratively implement solutions. This new role with Thermo Fisher Scientific further creates an opportunity for you to join an organization with exceptional career opportunities and create real-world impact.
What will you do?
- Responsible for direct sales of the company’s products among high volume existing and prospective accounts to achieve growth targets
- Assesses opportunities with assigned accounts and within sales cycles
- Owns high level customer relationships, including with key opinion leaders (KOLs) associated to account, to foster brand loyalty & advocacy
- Creates comprehensive account strategies with plan for tactical implementation; capable of leading execution within assigned accounts including coordinating efforts with local territory account managers
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills by understanding customer needs, analyzing accounts’ drug testing outcomes & processes, and developing sound insights. Communicates insights to customer through regular account business reviews; aligning upon and driving agreed upon outcomes
- Communicates technical information to key decision makers when appropriate
- May attend various trade shows, assist in booth staffing and connect with key buying influences
- Negotiates, manages and analyzes contract performance to ensure commitments are met
- Influences pricing strategy and provides assessment of impact to accounts’ net revenue
- Develops account forecast proposals to project sales from new and existing customers, and champions resolution to possible back-orders situations
- Reports directly to the Director of US Sales, has a dotted line reporting relationship to Sales Supervisors, and actively collaborates with Account Managers and stakeholders within business functions
- Coaches & develops territory Account Managers when working in like accounts, including sharing best practices from experience in working with other large accounts
- Demonstrates the company culture by practicing and being a role model to the 4”I” values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date customer records through SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM and other regular reports
How will you get here?
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 6 or more years of sales experience with demonstrated success in the medical diagnostics or similar market
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to travel without limitation. Minimum travel is greater than 60%
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking that coincide with the ability to implement complex selling strategies and plans
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications
- Superior relationship-building and ability to collaborate with others to achieve outcomes
- Proficient with SFDC CRM, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Proven successful sales experience. Must be able to show success with individual sales as well as collaborating with sales team peers
- Demonstrate ability to lead others in which you do not have direct supervision
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com