The manufacturing team at the Bedford Campus is responsible for manufacturing and testing chromatography media (large and small scale), disposable columns, Performance Optimized Polymers and chemiluminescence synthesis/formulations. We are seeking an energetic individual with strong communication, leadership, technical and operational skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team. The ideal candidate will be a specialist in manufacturing within a clean room environment, have a background in biology and will work well within a team environment. Candidate will follow SOPs and work in compliance with EH&S, SOX, ISO and any other required manufacturing or company systems (e.g. SAP, LIMS, Agile, Trackwise, etc.).
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards.
- Execute manufacturing protocol accurately and with limited supervision.
- Become a process owner, provide training and technical leadership within the specialized area.
- Address and report to supervisor any problems in daily manufacturing and propose effective countermeasures.
- Complete projects as assigned and obtain high quality results.
- Periodically review and discuss your priorities with supervisor.
- Interact with teams in Manufacturing/Quality/Engineering as needed
- Critically review processes and provide input to supervisor.
- Proactively identify areas for opportunity and drive efficiency results.
- Proficient in manufacturing processes.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure on-time delivery.
- Perform in-process quality assurance and quality control.
- Communicate effectively with other production staff.
- Adhere to ISO 9001 and 13485 guidelines and the Life Technologies quality policy.
- Achieve high productivity by reliable and punctual attendance.
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing.
- Responsible for the completion of all tasks assigned daily (working O/T may be required).
- Utilize local control systems (PLC and Delta V) in accordance with SOP and UOP’s to carry out unit operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university with 1-3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent math and mechanical skills required.
Preferable Skills and Attributes:
- Experience in cGMP environment desirable.
- Experience with HPLC/AKTA.
- Quality minded and detail oriented.
- Computer literate.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written).
- Highly organized and excellent at multi-tasking.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join