Director HR Business Transformation
This role is primarily responsible for supporting Business Transformation Organization (BTO) and global moves projects for Operations across the Life Sciences Group (LSG) and reports to the VP HR for Global Operations. Core duties include planning, developing, and implementing HR workstream deliverables for the consolidation of sites, product line transfers, and the integration of new acquisitions into LSG. The role will leverage in-depth change management, project management and broad-based HR expertise to help the organization optimally achieve its objectives.
Key HR partner for Business Transformation Organization throughout project planning process.
- Designs and develops operating models, structures, mechanisms, and workforce plans that drive the manufacturing strategies for Operations during a time of significant integration.
- Influences the global/regional footprint for the LSG manufacturing and develops optimal workforce model (e.g. headcount targets, spans, layers, total cost of workforce).
- Participates in activities such mergers and acquisitions, integrations, restructurings, etc.
- Assesses the organization's current state and readiness for change.
- Collaborates with managers to conduct risk analyses; makes recommendations, communicates plans and expectations, and implements necessary changes.
- Ensure compliance with all labor and employment laws.
- Identifies HR resources, prepares HR work stream for HR approval.
- Project manages the HR workstream as defined in Global Moves Playbook to include due diligence, validation, readiness, and transfer.
- Partner with BTO Project Managers to ensure complete alignment on project goals and charters.
- Drive continuous improvement of the Global Moves process.
- Facilitate people-related issue resolution and/or appropriate escalation.
- Travel may be required approximately 10%- 25%
- Requires a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning, preferably in human resources or a business-related field. Certification in HR discipline strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in human resources required. Experience supporting manufacturing/supply chain operations.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of all hands-on exposure to the full mix of HR functions.
- Ability to influence others and partner cross functionally.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A track record of strong performance relating to both goal achievement and change management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join