The Manager, Product Transfer will lead a small team of experts focused on transfer to manufacture of highly complex molecular biology solutions. The suitable candidate will have a strong track record in direct line management, developing talent and delivering to demanding project timelines in an industrial environment. He/She will have a solid foundation in molecular biology with a PhD in a closely related discipline whilst also having notable experience in product development. The main day-to-day duties will include the line management of Scientists for the execution of product transfer, process V&V support and method development.
- Supervise 6 direct reports.
- Effectively lead the Product Transfer group with focus on continuous improvement and scientific excellence.
- Provide technical leadership to Scientists in all related activities.
- Work closely with R&D leadership and operations to implement plans.
- Maintains extensive relevant knowledge in relevant fields and techniques.
- Gives effective scientific and strategic presentations to internal stakeholders and executives.
- Deliver on departmental level goals including process improvement and innovation.
Ideally, the Manager, Product Development should possess a strong track record in the transfer of molecular biology products from R&D to manufacturing. This should come with a strong understanding of process improvement and Lean processes in order to optimize and prioritize activities. Finally, the candidate will have a strong understanding of relevant scientific fields and is looked upon as an expert within their specific technical area.
- Design of experiments (DOE).
- Statistical breadth and strong understanding of associated software (JMP, Excel, etc…).
- Demonstrates strong communication skills through formal and informal discussion with peers, supervisor and upper management.
- Mentor and manages groups effectively.
- Experience working under ISO1385, ISO9001, GMP or other regulated environments.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Qualifications and Experience
Required – PhD in molecular biology or related field
Required – minimum 3 year’s experience in managing scientist level staff.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join