About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Facilities HVAC Technician will provide technical expertise and mechanical support for all HVAC equipment of the Carlsbad, California facility. This role will support the facilities team to operate, improve and maintain our HVAC and support systems.
- Continuously improve and execute on the HVAC preventive maintenance program to achieve department reliability goals while containing maintenance costs.
- Operate all HVAC and facilities support systems according to standard operating procedures. Where Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) do not exist, partner with available resources to develop procedures.
- Manage outside resources as required to maintain all site support systems, including project management of timelines, budgets and deliverables.
- Lead troubleshooting of all HVAC systems including air handlers, water systems, steam systems, pumps, controls, valves, etc. Including root cause analysis and corrective actions for any significant or repeat issues.
- Optimize operation of HVAC equipment to reduce energy consumption, increase reliability and standardize processes
- Act as subject matter expert in support of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) teams in hazard awareness and incident investigations.
- Utilize Siemens building automation system (BAS) and other operational control systems to maintain space conditions, minimize energy consumption and achieve utilities savings targets.
- Ensure safety and code compliance for all associated equipment and materials.
- Maintain accurate and up to date systems documentation.
- Assist to create requirements for installation contractors to ensure maintenance of system integrity and standardization.
- Provide training to other facilities members on systems operations and troubleshooting
- Assist in other facilities related tasks as required.
Minimum Qualifications (must have)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HVAC operation, installation, troubleshooting and repair in a medical, pharmaceutical or semiconductor facility
- High school diploma or GED
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join