Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
The Warehouse Worker Receiving position will follow all standard operating procedures (SOP’s) to complete all internal and external customer requests. Position will operate a powered industrial truck or pallet jack to transport received items from inbound trucks to the receiving area for processing according to distribution procedures.
- Processes orders according to priority set by Supervisor/Group Lead in order to meet customer requirements.
- Receive, picks, packages, and labels shipments according to the Distribution SOP and work instructions
- Maneuvers picking cart or powered industrial truck to various locations throughout the Distribution Center to locate materials and fulfill orders
- Completes paper documentation requirements for packing and shipping of hazardous chemicals.
- Practices good housekeeping and keeps inventory neat, clean, and orderly.
- Completes paper documentation requirements as outlined by Distribution SOP’s
- Verifies proper storage conditions of products and notifies Supervisor of any inventory issues that may arise such as Can’t Finds, Expired Product, Breakage, and Out-Of-Stocks.
- Assist other team members, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction including maintaining sufficient employee relations and teamwork.
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills, and/or ability. To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to complete each essential duty in a satisfactory manner and work in a team environment. Must be proficient in all aspects of distribution and departmental standard operating procedures.
- A High School Diploma or GED.
- General warehouse experience is preferred.
- Prior experience operating a powered industrial truck, preferably a cherry picker.
- Preferred experience in computers and scanning equipment.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently and posses problem solving abilities.
- Ability to constantly stand and move around department required.
- Frequent walking, stooping, bending and reaching required.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance necessary for adequate scheduling and coverage.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Worker must be able to read and write in English.
- Lifts, carries, pulls and pushes up to 40 - 70 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally with or without accommodation.
- Demonstrates the Thermo Fisher values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join