Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you share in our values and if you're looking for an employer who is strongly committed to developing talent and rewarding achievement, come grow with us at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Internal Job Title (Profile) Name: Transportation Coordinator II
Business Card Title: Export and Domestic Document Coordinator II
Internal Job Code: OPS.TRAF.A02
Reports To: Supervisor, Warehouse Quality and Transportation
Group: Life Science Solutions Group
Division: LSG Group Office
Business Structure: LSG Operations
Career Band: 02
Job Track: Associate
Finance Entity: BIRockford
Position Location: Rockford, IL
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Days, core hours 10am-7pm
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
Responsible for completing and ensuring quality Export Documentation for daily shipments, including SLI, SED, Commercial Invoice, Letter of Credit and Country of Origin Certificates.
- Up-to-date training and testing certificate in preparing dangerous goods for transit per C.F.R. 49 Part 172.704 (Subpart H) and/or IATA (Air) section 1.5
- Prepare Dangerous Goods Declaration documents for UPS, Fed EX and numerous export destinations
- Proactively resolving any problems arising with shipments to international customers
- Preparing daily output details for Logistics Manager in Word or Excel format
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
- Strong organizational and communications skills at all levels in the company
- Must be self starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced office
- Previous position in Exporting
- Prior experience in export documentation and processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Hazardous Materials regulations and proof of training certification
- Knowledge of AES (Automated Export Systems) & SED (Shippers Export Declaration) and Bills of Lading and general shipping knowledge
- Computer literate and competent in Microsoft Word and Excel
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join