As a member of the Packaging Department within Grand Island Operations, this role is responsible for developing packaging designs to meet customer requirements, as well as identifying and facilitating cost-saving projects throughout the plant. The packaging engineer will have frequent interactions with internal and external customers, sales representatives, product managers and business development professionals on current and new packaging opportunities.
- Work independently using knowledge of current package designs, materials, industry requirements, and processes to drive revenue growth, cost savings, and efficiency gains that consider customer and plant requirements.
- Demonstrate packaging knowledge through building prototypes, testing, and validation of the developed design for customer approval and manufacturability.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to educate colleagues and customers on packaging offerings, improvement opportunities, and best practices. Including being comfortable and able to present clearly and concisely to large groups and/ or management.
- Have working knowledge of 3D modeling software, such as Artios or AutoCAD with the ability to read and understand technical drawings. Drawing proficiency is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrate excellent follow-through both with daily workload and long-term projects, operating autonomously with minimal guidance.
- Support and/or drive productivity initiatives on packaging by working with the suppliers, procurement, and manufacturing teams.
- Be actively involved in trouble-shooting packaging concerns by interacting with internal and external teams.
- Be interested in career growth and motivated by success and performance.
- • B.S. in Packaging Engineering or minimum 2 years’ experience working with packaging components.
- The candidate must have excellent time management and communication skills.
- The ability to travel internationally and domestically <15%
- Master’s degree in Packaging Engineering
- 2 years’ experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
Relocation benefits are NOT available for this position.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join