Role: Commercial Finance Analyst
Location: Loughborough UK
The position is responsible for working with the Commercial and Finance teams to deliver value adding analysis to drive revenue and margin. The position will have the key responsibility to ensure accuracy of standard cost and margin reporting. They will provide financial models to assess new opportunities and work with commercial leaders during the annual price renewal process.
- Supporting the sales force with accurate and commercially focused reporting on sales performance, margins, forecasting and product profitability.
- Responsible for the profitability assessment of business proposals, including development of pricing/costing models to support business proformas for a customer segment.
- Provide financial support to the sales team in making profitability decisions on customer projects.
- Work with appropriate internal departments to implement pricing and financial terms for customer contracts and ensure contract compliance, including modelling for annual contract price renewals
- Production of customer facing reports to monitor contractual obligations such as savings commitments and incentives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ideally qualified or part qualified with experience in accountancy or a related commercially focused discipline.
- Relevant work experience.
- The ability to be able to understand business and financial modeling.
- The ability to analyze potential profitability of business proposals.
- The individual must be able to work as both part of a team, across functions and on their own initiative, be flexible and to review current practices with the target of improving the department to achieve modern best practices.
- Commercial awareness, able to interrogate data to understand key drivers.
- Maintain effective communication both internally and externally with stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience of accounting packages; competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Attention to detail
- Highly analytical.
- To work effectively with others at all levels to accomplish internal targets and business goals.
- The ability to identify and resolve problems
- Strong in the use of Microsoft Excel, competent with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Someone who contributes ideas, disagrees tactfully, shares success and actively listens
Recruiter, Adele Holland, email@example.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join