When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
The Technical Applications Scientist is responsible for providing remote pre and post sales technical support of Life Technologies products to customers and field personnel, as well as relaying customer feedback to the organization.
What will you do?
- Provide technical support for Life Technologies molecular biology product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries. Inquiries may be received via telephone, email or web chat.
- Requires in depth knowledge of Antibodies and Immunoassays products and services
- Maintain highly accurate records in the service database for compliance regulations
- Provide basic application support for internal and external customers
- Summarize trends and technology as technical tips, FAQ’s and troubleshooting guides.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues and complaints
- Strive to increase customer satisfaction on a daily basis
- All other duties as assigned by Technical Support Manager and/or Supervisor
How will you get here?
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field
- Preferred Qualifications: MS or PhD in Biology or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years hands-on experience w/ multicolor flow cytometry, including sample preparation, data acquisition, and analysis
- Ability to partner effectively as part of a team to solve problems, negotiate solutions and arrive at a consensus.
- Experience with assay and instrument troubleshooting a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Detailed understanding of Windows based software and flow cytometry analysis software
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a group, to accomplish individual and team objectives
- Independently resolve difficult customer problems
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join