The Global Sr. Marketing Manager will drive the development and execution of marketing programs for flow cytometers and reagents using a customer focused go to market approach. This experienced, dynamic manager will lead the Flow Cytometry marketing team and contribute to the overall growth of the Protein and Cellular Analysis Business Unit. The candidate in this role will need to successfully work within a highly matrixed organization, develop a global and integrated multi-channel marketing plan, and create and manage tactical execution in order to achieve marketing KPI and revenue targets and other annual operating plan objectives.
- Develop strategic marketing plans including analysis of customer segments, competitor analysis, business trends, and market opportunities.
- Develop, execute, and measure engaging, bold tactical marketing plans that use a customer journey framework.
- Lead a team of 5-7 marketing professionals with a strong focus on career development, coaching, and accountability.
- Manage the annual budget, campaign reporting, and instrument lead generation funnels driven by marketing activities.
- Act as a brand ambassador: understand, uphold, and communicate our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs.
- Create and implement appropriate marketing content across multiple channels, with a strong emphasis on digital approaches including web, video, social media, display, search engine marketing and email automation.
- Develop sales force training and customer education material in collaboration with product management, R&D, and commercial teams.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer communication, public presentation, and a team-focused approach.
- Work closely with regional marketing development managers to build and execute marketing programs within their regions.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- 7+ years of experience developing a marketing strategy and successfully implementing marketing plans for life science instruments and reagents.
- 5+ years of people management with strong coaching, situational leadership and career development skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology OR Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering or related degree
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills necessary.
- Development of product marketing plans, general knowledge of operating plans or industry practices for promoting and selling similar products.
- Knowledge of: 4Ps, marketing communication mix, communication channels, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition and marketing program development and execution, content strategy/marketing, content audit, voice of customer research, customer journey maps and marketing automation technologies.
- Demonstration of digital marketing expertise with proven campaigns in display advertising, search engine marketing, social, video and automation approaches.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential.
- A strong record building alignment in cross-functional teams
- Travel is required. (25%)
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Experience in the flow cytometry market a strong plus.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join