Job Title: Director, Regional Marketing (Microbiology)
The Director, Regional Marketing, APAC has responsibility for leading regional marketing strategy, campaign execution & demand generation. Reporting directly to the VP of Global Marketing and dotted to APAC Commercial Director, Microbiology, the MBD marketing leader will be the key interface to represent Regional Sales marketing needs with all marketing teams across MBD. The leader will develop and drive marketing programs resulting in measureable impact on leads, revenue & market share gains.
Partnering with the Commercial organization, this position will provide direct marketing, web, events and training support. They also provide regional marketing perspective on market dynamics, competitive opportunities, customer insights and requirements and sales force pipeline needs. The role requires a strategic understanding of the Thermo Fisher Scientific brand, the microbiology in both Clinical, Food Safety and Pharma, Microbiology instrumentation and reagents.
The ideal candidate will have strong domain experience and a track record in strategy development, marketing planning, program execution and metrics. Proven team building and development are necessary. Given the potential interaction across MBD, other Divisions and the Country Commercial leads, this person will have a strong strategic business perspective, global outlook and excellent communication skills to establish credibility and influence.
- Collaboration and alignment with global marketing, product team and local market, develop and implement clear marketing strategies that are aligned to the business goals (Market share / Margin expansion) in the core end markets and channels to achieve AOP (Annual Operating Plan) objectives and profitability targets.
- Build and execute regional marketing programs targeting segments that drive demand generation, pipeline health and new contacts in the primary markets.
- Work with Divisional Product Marketing, the Direct Sales Region (APAC) including Sales Channels/distributors and the global teams on developing GTM (Go-To-Market) strategy for existing and new product launches (NPIs) to achieve revenue goals and market adoption.
- Build a high performance marketing team that can effectively plan, execute, measure and adapt marketing programs & events that deliver measurable growth, high ROI in new leads & contacts, opportunities and conversions.
- Provide quarterly market and competitive updates pertaining to technology trends, new products, compelling applications or adjacent market opportunities.
- This role will have a strong influencing component with sales leadership, global marketing, R&D, regulatory, Quality and manufacturing to achieve the APAC goals.
- Interact, support and influence local government initiatives, policies or guidelines which may affect customers or product focus
- Work with Global/Regional MarComs teams to implement an effective communications strategy within an agreed budget
- Support the sales team with the resolution of locally driven product management issues
- To be the marketing champion for the region and to challenge current thinking when it restricts growth of your product range to challenge the Country commercial leaders within the matrix reporting structure.
- Develop regional relationships with key opinion leaders that can provide testimonials or endorsement for Microbiology solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology/ Biology/ Clinical Science/ Medical Technology , also open to good candidates that have a strong regional Marketing background and not the Microbiology background, hence either in Microbiology, Biology, Clinical Science, Medical Technology or in Marketing
- MSc, Ph.D. or MBA highly desirable.
- Minimum 8-10 years of solid marketing experience within APAC with significant knowledge of Microbiology/Diagnostic/Pathogen detection/Life Science and relevant market
- 2-3 years of sales/commercial experience is preferred
- Proven experience influencing across a matrix organization, preferably have been in a regional role in APAC before.
- Proven experience and capabilities in digital marketing, communications, and demand generation
- Demonstrated results (SRLs) driving targeted campaign initiatives utilizing web, search, social media, advertising and events channels
- Notable achievements in improving marketing ROI and directly impacting revenue
- Significant experience in building and leading high-performing marketing organizations
- Excellent strategic thinker with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to influence and engage audience
- Ability to plan, execute and measure with a strong sense of urgency to drive results
- Collaborative approach to developing and sharing strategy, tactics and analytics
- Confidence in being a peer to sales leaders and being responsive to commercial needs
- Highly self-motivated leader with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Evidence of working within different customer groups, e.g. healthcare, food, pharma.
- Ability to travel about 40% within APAC