When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Summary: District Manager, BioSciences - PA/OH
(Remotely based in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia)
The Biosciences District Manager position is a field-based management job accountable for the sales results and the people leadership of sales representatives in PA/OH for academic, pharmaceutical and biotech segments. This position is responsible for leading business processes and managing the resources associated with the Biosciences portfolio. Incumbents in this position are accountable to Commercial Operations leadership for: achieving agreed upon sales and financial targets with demonstrated business analysis and forecasting rigor, establishing and maintaining effective professional relationships with key customer executives, insuring effective sales and service coverage and proper quota allocation in their assigned geographic market, attracting and retaining highly qualified Account Managers to realize growth opportunities available in the assigned market and, providing service to customers consistent with Life Science Solutions Group standards and expectations.
- Proficient in strategic and tactical thinking about the business, developing actionable business plans and demonstrating to district team members how to achieve those plans.
- Directs the implementation of the business plan across the district to meet objectives successful introduction of new products, and the retention and growth of current customers.
- Consistently monitors results of sales team in the district to provide accurate sales forecasting, pipeline management, and sales tracking through the use of Seibel system and other designated IT tools.
- Oversees contracts/proposals/quotations within Thermo Fisher Scientific Guidelines. Approves competitive pricing as needed to maintain and grow the business and increase margin with guidance from Senior Sales Management or Commercial Operations Finance department.
- Successfully attracts, develops, and retains highly qualified Sales professionals that contribute to the success of Biosciences.
- Regularly monitors customer’s needs and Biosciences product offerings to ensure needs are understood by team members and key Life Science Solutions Group departments and, appropriate levels of service and responsiveness are provided to accounts.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master's or MBA degree is preferred.
- Requires 3+ years’ experience in sales management with at least 5 years selling and account relationship management experience with a major company in the life science industry preferable.
- Position requires approximately 30% travel.
- Experience with team management, sales strategies and personal selling effectiveness, analytical and problem solving skills, communications skills, client relationship management skills, industry/market analysis skills, and business planning skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join
us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join