Manage Sales Managers with responsibility for execution of sales activities at all accounts (program and non program) within the region; includes territory and account management at customers.
- In conjunction with the VP Sales, set and achieve or exceed sales and profit targets for allocated sales region and lead regional engagement in the business forecasting and planning process. Region average sales revenue level approximately $160m.
- Manage Sales Managers with responsibility for effective execution of sales activities at all accounts (program and non program) within the region.
- Manage resource deployment for all accounts in region, identify additional resource requirement and ensure optimised territories.
- Actively engage with Segment Directors, Product Management and Marketing on strategy and translate into sales programs and regional goals.
- Ensure that for program accounts appropriate relationships exist at highest levels, securing long term commitment to RSD and TMO, overseeing RFP process for these accounts and driving RFP avoidance strategies through the sales force team.
- Lead business development activities within allocated customers.
- Ensure achievement of sales force productivity goals for the region at all levels (Sales Manager, Account Manager, Specialist etc).
- Champion and drive full use of company CRM within all levels of the regional sales team.
- Act as source of issue resolution and communication relative to cross functional areas of the business.
- Work closely with the Segment groups to achieve complete alignment of revenue and margin numbers and drive effective execution of plans in program accounts, including pricing strategies; providing input on margin and profitability evaluation.
- Support Segment groups / Segment Directors with direct engagement at senior level in program accounts and maintain high level relationships with top 10 customers in region.
- Be accountable for the engagement, performance, compensation and development of your direct reports. As a Role Model Leader you will be required to demonstrate Role Model Leadership which includes:
- Being a change agent for RSD Europe business transformation change management activities with regards to people, process and system optimisation.
- Coaching, goal setting and effective delegation to stretch and develop individual and team competencies; through regular observation, appraisal and monitoring, encouraging and driving high standards of performance and proactively addressing behaviour and performance which is not meeting standards.
- Supporting direct reports with robust business plans; ensuring continued alignment with overall strategy and expectations and presenting monthly business reviews to senior management in the business.
- Driving overall execution of sales goals to include establishing and maintaining business plans within each territory / account, setting appropriate stretch sales targets, ensuring compliance with established sales goals and sales processes, demonstrating and driving full use of Company CRM system, ensuring appropriate coaching and mentoring of Account Managers by managers, and driving the team to succeed. Ensuring targets are aligned with appropriate European Segment groups.
- Creating / evaluating target lists for business development or share of wallet gains; measuring and monitoring execution against targets and maintaining a detailed understanding of market dynamics that impact plans / strategies.
- Developing and maintaining relationships at senior levels with large customers (or customers with large potential or strategic value), internally, both within RSD and Thermo Fisher Scientific, and with key suppliers.
- Driving connections within Thermo Fisher Scientific both through the team and directly through engagement in cross functional projects e.g. Country Commercial Leadership forums.
- Driving training for your reports and through them for their sales teams; providing support and guidance through work days, regularly scheduled calls etc.
- Embracing and participating in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- Embodies the 4-I values: Leads, motivates, enables and inspires others to succeed using appropriate styles. Has a clear vision of what is required and acts as a positive role model.
- Drives continuous learning: Proactively supports change and adapts to changing circumstances. Encourages others to embrace change.
- Builds organisational relationships: Promotes collaboration and cross functional working. Understands the impacts of decisions on other parts of the organisation.
- Leverages business acumen: Evaluates data and prioritises actions to reach logical and profitable business decisions.
- Builds customer allegiance: Exceeds customer expectations by displaying total commitment to providing solutions of the highest possible standards.
- Communicates openly: Communicates effectively and proactively acts on opportunities. Initiates action and drives growth and improvement in processes and results.
- Drives Growth: Actively influences events and proactively acts on opportunities. Initiates action and drives growth in processes and results.
- Develops people including self: Drives continuous learning and champions employees development and growth.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (in a Science preferred); MBA preferred.
- Industry experience in successful sales management. Experience to include dealing with customers and senior management.
- Knowledge of all facets of the distribution business model to include value added services and an understanding of the value we bring to the customers.
- Knowledge of the trends, financial and profit drivers within the industry.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, strategic selling, negotiating, presentation and financial / business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and in writing.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must; contact management software a plus.
- SFDC (or similar CRM) experience a must.
- The ability to travel extensively within the allocated sales region (60% of time as an indicator) and also to attend regional, national or international meetings.
Non-negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Full driving licence.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Demonstrable record of achievement in a role which has required influencing and / or managing directly / indirectly the activity of others to gain positive results.
- Demonstrable capacity to understand the complex nature of the markets in which Thermo Fisher operate and to articulate clearly our unique value proposition to customers across all sectors.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.