How you will make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. As the Director, Global Diversity and Inclusion you’ll support the strategic diversity and inclusion plan that drives business results and creates a competitive advantage for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
What you’ll do
You will work directly for the Vice President, Global Diversity & Inclusion to provide holistic strategies, recommendations and best practices to HR and Business leaders regarding diversity and inclusion. As a key leader of the Culture and D&I organization, you’ll collaborate with Business and Function leadership teams to ensure that platform priorities have appropriate sponsorship and are integrated into the business strategies and priorities of the Company. You’ll also lead and monitor the activities of our global and local Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
- Support the implementation of a corporate diversity strategic plan that reflects company culture, business and people priorities and contributes to the development of an inclusive global work environment.
- Consult with HR and Business leaders to identify strategies to create the desired culture and inclusive workplace that enable achievement of business goals and objectives.
- Support Talent platform to develop tactical business plans to successfully execute talent acquisition, retention and development strategies for underrepresented groups (e.g., U.S.-based ethnic minorities, Global Women, Military Veterans, LGBTQ, People with Differing Abilities).
- Manage the process for identifying, successfully launching, and managing global and local ERGs, inclusive of outlining objectives and metrics.
- Facilitate design, development and launch of Global ERG “Buddy” program.
- Serve as internal point of contact for D&I-related external partnerships (e.g., USBLN, ELC, HBA, Hispanic Association for Corporate Responsibility, Asia Society, etc.).
- BA/BS in Organizational Development, Communications, Multi-cultural studies, HR or a related degree; Master’s degree and background in Statistics preferred
- 10+ years of Organizational Development/Effectiveness and Change Management experience in a highly matrixed, multi-national corporate environment
- Significant expertise in leading major diversity and inclusion initiatives, including successful implementation of a company-wide strategy with measurable results, developing and managing internal communications and external relations, and driving diversity-specific initiatives and programs
- Strong research and analytical skills – ability to research and collect data from many internal and external sources and draw insights, synthesize themes and make recommendations for relevant application and measurement to the organization, including executive level presentations
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at Executive levels, present to large audiences, and represent the company externally including with media
- Able to quickly build partnerships with internal and external key stakeholders by leveraging strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Global mindset and experience.
- Extreme results orientation with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel (up to 50%)
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join