The Customer Service Supervisor oversees a team of Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s) who deal with customers over the phone or online. The CSR’s respond to varying customer service requests from order placement, quotations to delivery in addition to possible specialty functions such as claims/ deductions, processing returned goods, escalations, etc. The Supervisor trains, coaches and mentors employees on how to deliver the best customer service possible and align with the Company goals and objectives.
- Guides and directs the team of CSR’s towards achieving operational goals such as accurate order entry, timely response to requests, telephone metrics, achieving quote deadlines and meeting quality standards.
- Ensure all work is properly distributed and prioritized, creating an even workload across team
- Maintains strong working knowledge of company’s brands, systems, process and procedures to be able to provide daily support and guidance to the employees.
- Monitors and evaluates individual CSR as well as team performance using daily/weekly/monthly reports
- Holds regular coaching, goal setting, and performance meetings with the CSR’s, to continually improve the services and nurtures an environment where the staff can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Contacts customers with escalated issues to achieve full resolution for the customer.
- Actively supports company’s drive for continuous improvement and is involved in innovative solutions that increase customer allegiance and profitability.
- Post-secondary education preferably in Science or Business or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years Thermo Fisher Scientific experience with emphasis on customer service as well as our systems and procedures or 2+ years of progressive supervisory experience in Customer Service
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and motivate a team to optimal performance.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to relate well to customers, employees, and peers.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills in dealing with a variety of routine and non-routine issues.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and procedures, understand and act on customer requests, and respond to issues with creative problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer literate and working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools.
- Bilingualism (French/English) preferred
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join