Working within the company’s Life Sciences Solutions Group, the Internal Communications Specialist will support the initiatives led by the group’s Employee Communications function to deliver engaging, informative and business critical communications to the group’s 22,000+ employees globally.
We are looking for an individual with a passion to grow in the communications field and who has exhibited early career successes with a variety of communications tactics, including writing, audio and video editing, basic HTML, social media and communications project management. As part of the group’s Employee Communications team, you will report to the Employee Communications Manager and be responsible for various levels of communications coordination in support of the team’s goals. This will include supporting the development and execution of electronic, video, audio and print forms of communication, including writing and editing. You’ll be responsible for helping to manage the group’s intranet presence (SharePoint platform) and applying a social content strategy for the group using various Office 365 apps, including the company’s recently launched social networking software, Yammer—all with the aim of driving connections with the broader organization, building otherwise undiscovered relationships and encouraging adoption of these powerful communication tools. You will also be responsible for supporting our Human Resources (HR), Talent Acquisition, and Talent Management and Development (TMOD) communications initiatives. We are looking for a well-rounded team player who can jump in to support our diverse initiatives, write and produce compelling feature stories, partner with the team and be a go-to person to get things done.
- Develop and execute written, audio and video content that helps employees connect to our company’s Mission, business and each other.
- Support various HR, Talent Acquisition and TMOD communication needs, including the development and execution of our monthly people manager calls and new hire initiatives.
- Leverage Office 365 apps, including Yammer and Stream, to more effectively reach our employee base.
- Help develop and execute a Yammer strategy to establish robust and active social content communities that drive engagement and adoption among the leadership team and the broader employee population, allowing them to make connections across the group and company.
- Post content on the group’s intranet site using basic HTML knowledge.
- Build connections across the business to drive content creation and collate user-generated content for sharing across the intranet and Yammer platform.
- Bring creative ideas using current trends, gamification or other social strategies to the business to drive communications and engagement.
- Serve as communications coordinator for various critical projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in communications, marketing or content management with direct experience creating content for social-based platforms
- Excellent written, verbal, online and in person communicator
- Thorough knowledge of AP Style
- Proficient in Office 365 and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated knowledge of social business software/social media tools such as Jive, Yammer, SharePoint and Office 365
- HTML experience
- Experience with Photoshop and audio/video editing tools
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Comfortable interfacing in a corporate environment and with senior leadership
- Excellent project management skills
- Team player with enthusiasm and a sense of humor who is a risk-taker, resourceful and technology savvy
- Passion for communications and eagerness to grow in the field
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join