Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, our company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. We design, manu¬facture, and supports\\ the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sci¬ences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide team of 3200 people is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s
• Corporate organization https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABSxT6Y099I
• Life sciences business https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfPTJt1NEA
• Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
• Insight in Avizo 3d SW https://www.fei.com/software/avizo-3d/
• Blog ASG SW Technical lead Eindhoven http://www.talentbox.nl/blogs/3/gl6zc7-achieve-breakthroughs-by-electron-microscopes-
• Blog ASG designer Eindhoven http://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/iwdy98-building-software-related-applications-for-electron-microscopes-
The Corporate Technology Software Group
A part of the R&D organization is the Corporate Technology Software Group.
This group is responsible for the development of the platform and microscope control software for Transmission Electron Microscopes (TEM), like optics and motion control as well as image and data acquisition.
This group is committed to bring value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. The platform software group is a multi-site development organization divided over the R&D sites in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Brno (Czech), and Russia. The organization in Eindhoven consists of around 50 software engineers.
The Software Integrator is member of the System Software Integration and Test (SSIT) group. The group supports software development teams in integrating software components, troubleshooting, test management and test execution.
The Software Integrator has a cross-team role, working closely with software developers, integration engineers and the configuration management team to ensure efficient and timely integration of the developed components. The assignment is a mixture of the following activities:
- Coordinate as well as execute software integration activities, ensuring streams are in stable state and continuously integrated
- Create and maintain an overview of integration status of the various components
- Define and monitor restore actions when integration targets are not met
- Perform root cause analysis for main integration bottlenecks and help define / drive structural improvements
- Provide support to projects and its corresponding development teams in the area of smokes, build as well as SCM related activities
- Be the bridge between development teams and the global Software Infrastructure team
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires, BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical discipline.
- Experience in object oriented development of software for technical equipment or at a minimum development experience with medium sized SW applications.
- Expertise in software version control (tooling as well as process/principles) as well as build tooling
- Software configuration management processes and tooling
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex software
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Version control systems (Git/Github, RTC)
- Build management and tooling (Jenkins, Cmake, VisualStudio)
- Virtualization software (VMware)
- SW quality tooling (Tiobe TICS, bullseye)
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of test frameworks and software
- Good understanding of programming languages C++, C# and/or Python