The Software Integrator is member of the System Software Integration and Test (SSIT) group. The group supports software development teams in integrating software components, troubleshooting, test management and test execution.
The Software Integrator has a cross-team role, working closely with software developers, integration engineers and the configuration management team to ensure efficient and timely integration of the developed components. The assignment is a mixture of the following activities:
- Coordinate as well as execute software integration activities, ensuring streams are in stable state and continuously integrated
- Create and maintain an overview of integration status of the various components
- Define and monitor restore actions when integration targets are not met
- Perform root cause analysis for main integration bottlenecks and help define / drive structural improvements
- Provide support to projects and its corresponding development teams in the area of smokes, build as well as SCM related activities
- Be the bridge between development teams and the global Software Infrastructure team
- Software configuration management processes and tooling
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex software
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Version control systems (Git/Github, RTC)
- Build management and tooling (Jenkins, Cmake, VisualStudio)
- Virtualization software (VMware)
- SW quality tooling (Tiobe TICS, bullseye)
- Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Knowledge of test frameworks and software
- Good understanding of programming languages C++, C# and/or Python
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires, BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical discipline.
- Experience in object oriented development of software for technical equipment or at a minimum development experience with medium sized SW applications.
- Expertise in software version control (tooling as well as process/principles) as well as build tooling
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- A team player within a dynamic environment
- Analytical view combined with a pragmatic and hands-on attitude (flexibility)
- Interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction.
- Customer focus
- Quality and sustainability focus
- Proactively and self-responsibility
- Systematic problem solving
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join