Job Title: Diagnostics & Packaging Product Specialist
Location: Field Based - UK (Responsible for the UK and Ireland Territory)
Requisition ID: 60480BR
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $17billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As the Diagnostics & Packaging Product Specialist you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of clients & supporting the commercial team with product knowledge and attending customer visits. In In addition to managing and owning the relationships of key accounts you will also be working as a Portfolio champion for the EMEA region, with emphasis on implementation of commercial strategy and marketing tactics and for gathering of local market and competitive intelligence. The objective is to drive commercial execution from Good to Great.
- Responsible for delivering regional revenue, profitability and market share growth objectives.
- Support the Diagnostic & Packaging Product Specialists across EMEA
- Helps to develop the tactics, and drives flawless execution that is most relevant to the implementation of the EMEA commercial strategy, as well as global product strategies, to accomplish revenue and growth targets.
- Analyses trends and needs in the EMEA, market segments and customers, for the Diagnostic and Packaging product portfolio.
- Supports and facilitates market research into key market & pricing trends and evolving customer requirements.
- Works closely with Regional Sales Teams and Channel Management to identify market and customer opportunities in order to maximize market share and revenue growth.
- Supports, in cooperation with Marketing the implementation of promotional tactics and establishment of metrics to assess performance of each promotional program.
- Coordinates with Customer Service to ensure back office customer support competencies and processes are aligned to meet customer needs, and CAS standards are met.
- Travel estimated at 70% of time, independently to customer sites, trade shows, exhibitions, road shows, seminars, channel partner and sales organisation meetings.
- Ensure sales volume, revenue and product mix and meet the agreed business plan
- Ensure the Diagnostics & Packaging Product delivery of reporting and forecasting through utilisation of the company sales tools
- Create demand pull in the territory through targeted customer visits and maximizing the utilisation of marketing collateral
- Generate new opportunities and deliver new accounts
- Territory Coverage
- Approximately 70% of time will be spent travelling through the territory
- Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- Must live on territory or be able to relocate
- Valid driving licence
- Science qualification, Degree or equivalent preferable
- In depth knowledge of Diagnostics & Packaging laboratory products
- Relevant Sales experience in a similar market environment
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join