When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Starts and stops the machine and may assist the set-up people in their duties, starting and breaking down set-ups. Under the direction of Set-up or Supervisor, adjusts controls, remedies minor leaks and installs molds and components. Under training to read and understand set-up sheets
- Under the direction of Set-up, regulates extruder speed, centers parison, and performs related operations on blow molding machines.
- Provides proper care of molds, recognizes mold damage. Reports production problems and unsatisfactory quality to Supervisor and Set-up.
- Identifies different resins and insures proper material is used.
- Performs post molding operations as appropriate, including inspecting products; trimming, reaming and drilling; grinding flash and rejected products molded.
- Cleans up work area including work table, machine components, and grinding system.
- Keeps accurate production and time records as required.
- As necessary, performs duties that are required by Shift Supervisor.
- Alert Supervisor or Set-up personnel when problems first begin.
- Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety rules.
- Able to operate any machine or operation in department assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Previous Extrusion Blow Molding experience with basic mold set-up and machine adjustments required.
- Familiar with resins used in extrusion processing. Also familiarization with secondary equipment preferred.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. minimum.
- Able to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently and vary pace as required.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join